Allardyce is new England manager - not any more!

Hilarious

has become reality Edited by taxman

Hilarious

has become reality

Can't believe it,the 3 guys who chose him must have really earned their cash.

Why not? He's used to dealing with middle of the road plodders - he will fit right in. I'll say this much, I don't see a reality that any team managed by big Sam would lose to Iceland.

As long as picks people in the right position, he'll do no worse than anyone else. The bar isn't very high.

I feel sorry for him. They say a bad workman blames his tools.

But is he to blame if he's given Poundland hammers, chisels and screwdrivers and told to be a craftsman?

At least he'll be on the touchline barking orders and giving the team a kick up the backside... a million miles away from Hodgson sitting there, losing 2-1 to Iceland and looking like a confused owl!

At least he'll stand up to prem managers and take no ****.

Looks a good choice, might struggle with players who are substandard but may get the best out of them.

Just pleased to see we,ve not gone looking worldwide for a manager. Sam is as good as the rest of the English managers .

Just pleased to see we,ve not gone looking worldwide for a manager. Sam is as good as the rest of the English managers .

:hihi:

... and I don't suppose being an ex-West Ham manager did him any harm either? :roll:

I think an English manager was priority and I only ever saw 2 choices- Alladyce or Bruce. I thought they may opt for Brucie but perhaps are looking for a safe pair of (experienced) hands.

FA should have given Alladyce the job when he applied 10 years ago, instead that muppet Steve McClaren got it!

Anyway, at 61 I think he is not that old and could get the team back to basics, paving the way for a younger and fresher manager after 2018 world cup (if England qualify that is).

:hihi:

... and I don't suppose being an ex-West Ham manager did him any harm either? :roll:

Name a better English manager. Name an English manager who has won something.

Just to help you out, no English manager has won the premier league. Ever. This is why we have big Sam as England manager. People talk (wrongly imho) that foreign players are killing the game but foreign coaches have had a greater impact. Besides, we've tried that. Sven, Capello had an excellent cv and we were pretty awful.

I think the next couple of years are going to be very interesting.

He can't be as bad as Hodgson or Mclaren, it's not possible. At least he will probably put a team out where everybody knows their role.