What is it like living in Pitsmoor?

Just been offer a 2 bedroom council house on skipton road. should i accept it? i have 2 kids under 5, whats the school like

Don't do it

Ask the people that live there not the numpties that think they know it all.

I live a few minutes walk from there, if you're Asian you'll be fine.

Just been offer a 2 bedroom council house on skipton road. should i accept it? i have 2 kids under 5, whats the school like

Pretty quiet these days. Bit of fast driving, too much litter and fly tipping, but otherwise generally fine. I was just talking to a neighbour earlier about some of the things that used to go on and about how unlikely they seem now.

The schools - Firshill is ok I think, Byron Wood improving as far as I know, Pye Bank very good. St. Catherine's good if a Catholic School is ok for you. Don't know much about Owler Brook.

People are generally very friendly and community minded. You will get a lot of nonsense (including racist nonsens) on here from people who haven't spent any significant amount of time in the area since the 80s and 90s when it was loads rougher. They know nowt.

Was brought up there and go there on a weekend to a local watering hole , not the best area in Sheffield tbh

Was brought up there and go there on a weekend to a local watering hole , not the best area in Sheffield tbh

Mathematically speaking, only one area of Sheffield is the best area in Sheffield, right?

not the worst road in pitsmoor the 'ton' roads were always the better parts of the area, moslty still privatly owned houses witha few private rented

There is a fantastic community spirit there, probably better than anywhere else in the city. You might not want to live there if you're a racist though.

There is a fantastic community spirit there,

humm thats always a worrying statement.

Along with the usual "full of really genuine people"

I lived on Skipton Road years ago. It is a nice little street, not a rat run and you are very close to the park, there was a good community feeling. The taxi drivers were a bit noisy - chatting in the street late at night. TBH with a child on the way we moved to the South West because of the schools - hopefully Pitsmoor schools will have improved since then.

it's the pits............