Facebook,Instagram and guns..

Will 'social media' interfere and/or hinder progress?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will 'social media' interfere and/or hinder progress?

• Yes it will hinder, the might of the NRA will come out blazing from the hip.
    • No, it will begin the tide of common sense and reason.

It would seem the lack of gun control madness is being opposed by the two major social media giants FB and Instagrame.

Do you think this will help or hinder the pro gun lobby?

I'll add a link once I've acquired enough posts.

Edited by Andbreathe

nothing wrong with legally held guns?? a great many people enjoy using them safely for sport and game, myself included. you dont get a licence unless you are squeaky clean.

as for Instagram and FB it will be the latest Hobby horse to beat on!!!

I agree with Gun control , but i think that the control in place at the moment is adequate ( although i do think the age limit for owning / using airguns outside of a shooting club should be raised ).

I also regularly shoot as my hobbies are pest control / clay shooting.

Aye, been a shooting man for more than 50 years, so lets hope Facebook and Instagram help the legal shootists.

Many thousands more killed with motor vehicles than with guns, why don't we simply ban motor vehicles then. Just saying.

Angel1.

Aye, been a shooting man for more than 50 years, so lets hope Facebook and Instagram help the legal shootists.

Many thousands more killed with motor vehicles than with guns, why don't we simply ban motor vehicles then. Just saying.

Angel1.

Crappest. Argument. Ever.

Crappest. Argument. Ever.

I'm inclined to agree, although I'm not really looking for an argument.

The topic is intended to initiate debate regarding social media and its involvement in the sale of guns through its consumer base. It could be argued they're bending to social pressure (which could be a positive regardless) considering they have a moral duty as we all do to try and limit its escalation.

We all know gun control, or should I say the lack of it, can be a catalyst for disaster. But you're right, adding 'cars' to the equation isn't helping at all.

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 19:16 ----------

nothing wrong with legally held guns?? a great many people enjoy using them safely for sport and game, myself included. you dont get a licence unless you are squeaky clean.

Even if those legally held guns are totally unnecessary?

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 19:19 ----------

It will make no difference .

Could you please clarify?

Do you think that would still be true if guns were as easy to get hold of as cars?

Angel1.

I love guns, I own two and was out shooting foxes and hares locally last weekend. So I am a gun lover, but this argument is the funniest I have ever read. Comparing guns to cars!

If you fancy a chat any time, please pm me.

I'm inclined to agree, although I'm not really looking for an argument.

The topic is intended to initiate debate regarding social media and its involvement in the sale of guns through its consumer base. It could be argued they're bending to social pressure (which could be a positive regardless) considering they have a moral duty as we all do to try and limit its escalation.

We all know gun control, or should I say the lack of it, can be a catalyst for disaster. But you're right, adding 'cars' to the equation isn't helping at all.

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 19:16 ----------

Even if those legally held guns are totally unnecessary?

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 19:19 ----------

Could you please clarify?

why are they unnecessary in your opinion???

protest groups go in fads one minute its guns next its KFC:roll: its all about getting the numbers up

You're confusing the UK with the US.

UK gun ownership (like a lot of the world) is not a problem. US gun ownership is quite clearly a problem, unless you're okay with massacres in schools taking place on a regular basis.

Facebook and Instagram are US companies, and the small amount of pressure that they can apply is aimed at the US situation (although I doubt they will achieve anything).

Edited by Cyclone

It would seem the lack of gun control madness is being championed by the two major social media giants FB and Instagrame.

Do you think this will help or hinder the pro gun lobby?

I'll add a link once I've acquired enough posts.

Any chance of a link yet?