South yorkshire police fastest cars?

I know south yorkshire police have the mitsibushi evo and the lancers...not only do we have the best police force, I wonder if we have the fastest cars in uk to?

In Italy they have the lamborghini gallardos, bit thirsty on petrol! Lol

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 07:55 ----------

No way, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2537256/Criminals-want-consider-upgrading-police-force-unveils-new-McLaren-patrol-car-0-60mph-THREE-SECONDS.html

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 08:01 ----------

Holy mackerel! Dubai police cruise around in the BMW i8!http://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercar/these-are-world’s-best-police-cars

I know south yorkshire police have the mitsibushi evo and the lancers...not only do we have the best police force, I wonder if we have the fastest cars in uk to?

In Italy they have the lamborghini gallardos, bit thirsty on petrol! Lol

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 07:55 ----------

No way, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2537256/Criminals-want-consider-upgrading-police-force-unveils-new-McLaren-patrol-car-0-60mph-THREE-SECONDS.html

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 08:01 ----------

Holy mackerel! Dubai police cruise around in the BMW i8!http://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercar/these-are-world’s-best-police-cars

Dubai have more than BMWs

"The Dubai Police Force has recently acquired a few luxury and high-performance vehicles (which include a Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4, a Ferrari FF, a Chevrolet Camaro SS, a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, a Bentley Continental GT, a limited edition Aston Martin One-77, a Ford Mustang GT, a BMW M6 Gran Coupé, a Brabus G63 AMG, a Bugatti Veyron, an Audi R8, a Nissan GT-R, a Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG, a McLaren MP4-12C, a Hummer H3, a Lexus GS, a Lexus RC F, a Toyota Land Cruiser, a BMW i8 and a GMC Sierra) which are to be used for patrolling tourist areas.[7][8][9][10][11][12] General duties and patrols are carried by Chevrolet, Toyota, Mazda and Nissan vehicles. In 2013, the force saw the arrival of new eco-friendly vehicles, which are one seaters but can carry an additional passenger.[13]"

If you believe everything on the Internet https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Police_Force#Uniform.2C_equipment_and_vehicles

whats the point of having the fast cars when the police driving them will be told to abandon the chase due to "elf and safety":suspect:.

I reckon police should armour their cars, fit roll cages just in case then ram culprits/scroates off the road straight away.

I would have thought the technology existed for the police to turn off the engine of a car being chased. That way they could chase them in a Morris Minor.

I would have thought the technology existed for the police to turn off the engine of a car being chased. That way they could chase them in a Morris Minor.

Ah, those little 1.3 Astras they have are akin to a Morris minor!

You have a very active imagination.

If my engine switched off whilst im going 70mph i would have no breaks, no steering and probably no chance of survival.

Its a good idea but i cant see it working in practice.

Really? Link

That bloody page took forever to load and then its scrolled really jerkily. Newspaper sites cram too much crap onto web pages, they're annoying.

Really? Link

Probably too dangerous to actually use in reality though.

You'd need a long straight bit of road, without any other people around to get in the way.

and god help them if they do cause the car to have a nasty accident because the driver didn't have proper control.

At least when the cars tyres get hit by a stinger the loss of control is gradual and roughly in line with the loss of speed.

If my engine switched off whilst im going 70mph i would have no breaks, no steering and probably no chance of survival.

Its a good idea but i cant see it working in practice.

Most ECUs have an emergency setting. So in an emergency you can get home on impulse power. Most fast German cars are programmed to have a max speed of 200kph. It isn't a major complication to put a programme in the ECU that would take away a cars performance so that the police were chasing a car that topped out at 30 mph.

Another method would be to limit fuel supplied to the engine so it lost most performance.

If we assume that most cars that are being chased are stolen and probably not running with the owners keys in the ignition it would make an activation system relatively snag free. My own car is fitted with blue tooth. It would be nice to think that the police or I could use that to imobilise the car should it be stolen.

Edited by foxy lady