Favourite holiday destination

As the title says whats yours?

For me i`d say Goa but many happy memories with the kids of Turkey followed by greece

Loved Cyprus. We stayed at Protaras a few years back and it was the best holiday we have ever had. All Inc, but everything was edible. The local scenery was stunning, and the people there were so pleasant and accommodating. And the weather was of course amazing. We have been to the usual places abroad, nothing as amazing as Goa, but pound for pound Cyprus was superb.

London, the South of France or Italian Riviera

i`ve been looking at sri lanka,gambia,vietnam,cambodia for an upcoming destinations if anyones got any info for me

i`ve been looking at sri lanka,gambia,vietnam,cambodia for an upcoming destinations if anyones got any info for me

We did an excellent trip to Sri Lanka a few years ago with Exodus

A good time was had by all, and I'd thoroughly recommend it, provided that's your style of holiday.

Too many photos HERE

The Mediterranean islands especially Mykonos, Rhodes and Corsica

We did an excellent trip to Sri Lanka a few years ago with Exodus

A good time was had by all, and I'd thoroughly recommend it, provided that's your style of holiday.

Too many photos HERE

class pics. whats the nightlife like in sri lanka?

restuarants and bars hopefully?

not for nightclubbers but a nice relaxed chilled out places

class pics. whats the nightlife like in sri lanka?

restuarants and bars hopefully?

not for nightclubbers but a nice relaxed chilled out places

There was certainly bars in some of the places we visited, but others were a bit out of the way, so we stayed in the game lodge bar for instance.

You must remember, it's not a developed country in the western sense, and whilst it makes a fair income from tourism, it's not geared up for it in the way some Europeans expect.

With this sort of holiday, you never quite know exactly where you will be staying the night until you arrive, so it's a bit hard to plan in advance; just go with the flow.

Kandy, Nuwaria Elia etc. clearly have bars, and there's always the option of a TukTuk ride at minimal expense, but don't expect anything too stunning.

Edited by peak4

Although the region has changed somewhat since I first explored, using Spanish military maps (the only ones available at the time and bought from Stanfords, in London), my choice remains Los Picos de Europa. A walker's paradise. Stunning, challenging and invigorating.

Crimea,a few years back when it was unspoilt.