Do away with cycle lanes and speed bumps

As the heading says.I could also add some traffic lights.

Cyclists don't stay in the lanes because they would be in the gutter,and they have to come out of the lanes anyway to follow their routes to wherever they are going.

Both these and the speed bumps are poorly maintained and cause more trouble than any benefit.

Stop constricting roads and allow motor traffic to use the roads as originally intended.

Cyclists don't stay in the lanes because they would be in the gutter,and they have to come out of the lanes anyway to follow their routes to wherever they are going.

Both these and the speed bumps are poorly maintained and cause more trouble than any benefit.

Stop constricting roads and allow motor traffic to use the roads as originally intended.

The trouble is that the roads were intended for a much smaller level of traffic.

The trouble is that the roads were intended for a much smaller level of traffic.

Which is why having empty bus lanes seems utter madness.

I understand where you're coming from but:

1) Speed bumps are usually installed for a reason - people recklessly speeding. How much longer do they add to your journey?

2) Do cycle lanes take up that much space on the road? If you got rid of the lane what would you do with that space?

Instead of seeing it as a restriction of space, look at the positives - one person commuting to work on a bike means one less car on the road.

I understand where you're coming from but:

1) Speed bumps are usually installed for a reason - people recklessly speeding. How much longer do they add to your journey?

2) Do cycle lanes take up that much space on the road? If you got rid of the lane what would you do with that space?

Instead of seeing it as a restriction of space, look at the positives - one person commuting to work on a bike means one less car on the road.

Cycles are hardly green, they slow virtually every vehicle that comes up behind them.If we really want to be green then getting traffic to flow BETTER would be the answer, speed bumps and cyclists cause the opposite.

What is recklessly speeding? Its either speeding or its some other offence.

Cycles are hardly green, they slow virtually every vehicle that comes up behind them.If we really want to be green then getting traffic to flow BETTER would be the answer, speed bumps and cyclists do neither.

Surely it's greener to have a cyclist on the road than another car clogging things up even more? After all, as much as cyclists slow you down, it's nothing when you compare it to how other car drivers slow you down, like rush hour for example.

Cycles are hardly green, they slow virtually every vehicle that comes up behind them.If we really want to be green then getting traffic to flow BETTER would be the answer, speed bumps and cyclists cause the opposite.

When driving, I'm held up by other cars much more than I'm ever held up by cycles.

Don't be absurb. A cycle in a cycle lane doesn't affect the speed of the traffic in the slightest.

And as a driver I can honestly say that I've never had my overall journey time altered by having to wait a few seconds to pass a bike. The fact is that the cycle will normally catch up at the next set of traffic lights and queue anyway.

When driving, I'm held up by other cars much more than I'm ever held up by cycles.

If I don't cycle, rush hour can add forty five minutes to an hour onto my commute, can anyone say that cyclists cause similar problems?

Don't be absurb. A cycle in a cycle lane doesn't affect the speed of the traffic in the slightest.

And as a driver I can honestly say that I've never had my overall journey time altered by having to wait a few seconds to pass a bike. The fact is that the cycle will normally catch up at the next set of traffic lights and queue anyway.

Whats absurb? :)

So your car mpg isn't affected by slowing down and then speeding up? Obviously you don't drive anywhere there isn't cycle lanes?

What car is it,ill get one.

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 14:41 ----------

And your point is?

But if they're in a dedicated lane how can they be slowing you up?