Anyone know of a decent naturopath?

Doctor can't help me, suggested a naturopath but wouldn't refer me.

Need one that can do blood tests and that doesn't charge a fortune.

Cheers.

http://www.acupuncturesheffield.co.uk/services.html

Funnily enough I was talking about this and blood tests only today with someone and she recommended this place.

Although the website doesn't say much about blood tests, she said that for £50 they will do you a full analysis of what foods you are intolerant to, what foods you can eat but in moderation, and what foods you should concentrate on, if that's what you're after. I am interested in anything that will help with what I think is an immune system problem which I believe can be linked to food allergies. My GP has not got to the bottom of my symptoms either. Hope this - or wherever you go next - works for you.

Edited by MrsMozzy

Cheers MrsMozzy :)

I'm looking at tests for thyroid - T3 and antibodies, reverse t3

Total and free testosterone levels and adrenal function.

Would this place offer tests like these?

Thanks.

Ooh that's exactly what I was interested in as the next step (but wanted to rule out the food intolerances first)! The thyroid/ immune system thing is all linked in my head. I don't know about those specific tests but you could ring. When I asked my GP about paying privately for more in-depth thyroid tests he was very evasive.

Have you seen this site: http://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/? I think they currently have a campaign about the need for better thyroid testing/medication.

I would be very interested in this . I paid to get T3 tested at Claremont and it cost me £77 . I would like to have more tests but not at that price . The link above doesn't mention anything about doing blood tests .

No you're right it doesn't, which I thought was odd since my friend says the food intolerance tests are done with blood samples. I'm wondering if they do limited blood tests but not the range we three seem to be looking for.

I highly recommend Dr. Tania Tabar, a Naturopathic doctor practising at The Stillpoint Practice in Sheffield. Very competent and was able to do some blood tests for me through a private lab.

taniatabarnd.com