Good turn turned good/bad

Goes to show how negative people are, they question a true story.

People are more concerned with being right-on than being truthful.

The OP is an anecdote. It's not hard data collected in an unbiased, scientific manner, so it doesn't tell us much.

It certainly doesn't show that one race or another is less virtuous than another, and I see no indication it was being presented as such. It may in fact be taken to show that racial/cultural conflict may mitigated by kindness and imply that the solution to such division is at least in some part kindness.

Edited by unbeliever

I do a lot of walking and meet a lot of Asian lads. I don't mind their business and they always leave me alone and mind their own business.

If they call to you or start to behave silly, you must also be behaving in a silly way that attracts their attention in the first place.

Victim blaming is such an ignorant thing to do.

A few weeks ago, I gave a stranger my parking display ticket on leaving the carpark, because there was well over an hour of parking left. Today another stranger gave me their ticket in the same carpark, which had over an hour of parking left. :)

It's a nice story and all but I do have a couple of issues (not with the validity)

1. So he is still a <removed> who hangs around parks in gangs intimidating or doing god knows what to people who didn't stand up for him at school. He's probably like that due to the bullying mind, but still.

2. If the gang are willing to admit you need to be walked home (presumably because it's dangerous) and they are kind enough to do so, why are they out adding to the problem? Unless they were out as a gang protecting lone people walking through the park, but I doubt that some-what.

He hasn't turned good, he sounds like he's an arsehole to everyone besides his friends and the kid who stood up for him.

Though again, it is a nice story.

Edited by nikki-red

I do a lot of walking and meet a lot of Asian lads. I don't mind their business and they always leave me alone and mind their own business.

If they call to you or start to behave silly, you must also be behaving in a silly way that attracts their attention in the first place.

Why do you come to that conclusion? Are you saying that gangs of youths never pick on people because of skin colour or without an obvious reason ?

Edited by macmellus

A few words I didn't understand took place, then I was told I needed a body guard to get me home, and - I'm not kidding, three lads/men walked with me all the way home, about 2 miles.

Why did you need a bodyguard to get you home? Was your girlfriend Whitney?:huh::huh:

Why did you need a bodyguard to get you home? Was your girlfriend Whitney?:huh::huh:

LOL. I wish - I could have written this a little better with hindsight, for one I would not mention the guy's were Pakistani in origin, Bodyguard was a bit heavy, but there was a lot of gang war fare/violence going on at the time which seemed to focus on the park area. Gloucester Park area was then a virtual NO GO zone at night, I don't know what it's like today, but I would walk through Sheffield at night but, No way would I walk through Gloucester given the option. This story starts around 1963/4 - The days of Mods and Rocker.

---------- Post added 05-01-2017 at 07:27 ----------

It's a nice story and all but I do have a couple of issues (not with the validity)

1. So he is still a <removed> who hangs around parks in gangs intimidating or doing god knows what to people who didn't stand up for him at school. He's probably like that due to the bullying mind, but still.

2. If the gang are willing to admit you need to be walked home (presumably because it's dangerous) and they are kind enough to do so, why are they out adding to the problem? Unless they were out as a gang protecting lone people walking through the park, but I doubt that some-what.

He hasn't turned good, he sounds like he's an arsehole to everyone besides his friends and the kid who stood up for him.

Though again, it is a nice story.

He/they were in the park for agro, no doubt about it - the essence of the story is - I did a good turn for someone, and 8 years later that good turn was repaid and probably saved me from a good hiding.

Why wouldn't the incidents described by the OP not be true ? They stated it happened a long time ago.

Androcles and the Lion was a long time ago. It's the same story.

Androcles and the Lion was a long time ago. It's the same story.

sheff wed V man city..long time ago, good turn ,turned bad.... remember that one jim.

sheff wed V man city..long time ago, good turn ,turned bad.... remember that one jim.

Certainly do. Got a train from Stockport after work then a taxi. What a waste of time and money. Nearly as bad as United v Walsall. :)