Murmaration situation above Eyam

Anyone been up to see the Murmaration above Eyam, if of course the Starlings are around at the moment.

I went about three weeks ago, loads of birds kept flying in but they landed quickly. Just the luck of the draw apparently, when one group goes to ground they all do! It would have week amazing if they had stayed in the air a little longer!

Anyone been to see the Starlings recently ?

If so, approx what time were they visible from and when were the numbers at their highest ?

I was hoping to take my grandson out to see them after picking him up from school,

Meadowhead that is.

Driving from the school at 3-15 over to Eyam, could be too late !

Anyone been to see the Starlings recently ?

If so, approx what time were they visible from and when were the numbers at their highest ?

I was hoping to take my grandson out to see them after picking him up from school,

Meadowhead that is.

Driving from the school at 3-15 over to Eyam, could be too late !

Is Eyam renown for it? i have been there many times and seen nothing

Edited by banjodeano

Is Eyam renown for it? i have been there many ties and seen nothing

Hi banjodeano

The location of the Murmuration is not in Eyam, sorry, I should have quoted Stoney Middleton, from where you take a left out of the village at the side of a pub up onto Middleton Moor I believe it's called.

Hi banjodeano

The location of the Murmuration is not in Eyam, sorry, I should have quoted Stoney Middleton, from where you take a left out of the village at the side of a pub up onto Middleton Moor I believe it's called.

No problem Runningman, its only a stone throw away anyway...i have walked that area a lot, i would love to see it, i shall have to have to google it and find out a little more about it, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

just found this..

http://www.derbyshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/news/2017/01/18/stunning-starlings-put-show

Edited by banjodeano

Worth going to see, it is at Cavendish Mill through Stoney Mideletion. Be sure to take wellies as it's very boggy. Need to be there for 4.00pm birds come in varying sizes flocks upto 5000 or so at a time, in total approx 80000 roost in reed bed there.

Worth going to see, it is at Cavendish Mill through Stoney Mideletion. Be sure to take wellies as it's very boggy. Need to be there for 4.00pm birds come in varying sizes flocks upto 5000 or so at a time, in total approx 80000 roost in reed bed there.

Hi Beauchiefs and thanks for that.

On my way there with my grandson on Thursday.

This a good piece of film.

I have seen them over the outskirts of cities about twice.

An amazing sight

Has the Starling Murmuration started yet at Middleton Moor ?

Hi Beauchief and thanks. Trust we will be told when it starts.