Neighbour complaining over rats

had two field mice in our back garden,when the wife saw them she went well you know,watched for a few days then called her to see, they where eating the bird seed she put in the bird feeder,which the birds where throwing to the ground,we have a dog but she will not poo in the garden and we have to take her out in all weathers.

Rats DO eat dog waste, however they are more likely to prefer the bird table, somewhere will be a place where they are living... under shed, inside a shed that's not really used etc... rats love untidy places and overgrown foliage, this allows them to freely move around in a safe manor unseen. They will be living very close to the table.

Remove either the food or the harbourage and the rats will move on to the next BED & BREAKFAST.

As for your neighbour complaining nothing you can do about them apart from kill them with traps poison or whatever.

Bit severe that.

As for your neighbour complaining nothing you can do about them apart from kill them with traps poison or whatever.

Bit severe that.

:huh:

Hmmm... I could be wrong but...

... I'm not sure that setting traps for your neighbours is the best way to deal with this problem. :confused:

Thing is that rats will eat dog poo,I have seen it done.Almost every back garden will have rats crossing sometimes,the hard bit is finding where they are living.Please do not use any poison,it is indiscriminate,killing any wildlife that eats it.