Parking fine issued by wardens parked in disabled bay

They like the police are not exempt from parking regulations but are not usually issued with a ticket if they breach them.

I was under the impression that the police were exempt from such regulations as well, if on duty.

Edit - someone already clarified, yes they are.

OK

It's understandible someone given a ticket will feel a little aggrieved if a traffic warden or civil enforcement officer is arrogantly flaunting parking rules which apply to everyone else .

Also why do these civil enforcement officials have to go around in pairs ?

I think you're confused to be honest. Its not arrogance or flouting of laws. They're just doing their job.

OK

I think you're confused to be honest. Its not arrogance or flouting of laws. They're just doing their job.

I am not at all confused . See my Lincoln link below , the two civil enforcement officers behaved arrogantly and it was their vehicle which was parked inappropriately causing an obstruction and not the vehicle they gave a ticket to. I have witnessed different traffic wardens doing their jobs both arrogantly and humbly .

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2013/06/lincoln-parking-wardens-on-double-yellow/

As already noted by others, just accept you got lucky that it was the civil enforcement that got you rather than the police.

The police would have issued you a fixed penalty £60 and 3 points. It’s a "must not" in the HC and is treated more seriously due to the obvious dangers to pedestrians.

Those 3 points could then end up having a knock on effect on your next insurance quote.

It's actually a Traffic offence report that would be issued. As a minimum you would receive a £100 fine and three points.

If there is a history of previous motoring convictions it could result in a visit to court!

I am not at all confused . See my Lincoln link below , the two civil enforcement officers behaved arrogantly and it was their vehicle which was parked inappropriately causing an obstruction and not the vehicle they gave a ticket to. I have witnessed different traffic wardens doing their jobs both arrogantly and humbly .

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2013/06/lincoln-parking-wardens-on-double-yellow/

Your link verifies your confusion. It proves that in order to do their job the wardens have dispensation to park in restricted zones. It's exactly what I described but with a greater level of detail. So thanks for that.

Your link verifies your confusion. It proves that in order to do their job the wardens have dispensation to park in restricted zones. It's exactly what I described but with a greater level of detail. So thanks for that.

I am happy to have been of assistance :roll:

I am confused why it required two men and a motor vehicle parked causing an obstruction to issue the ticket :huh:

Are you a traffic warden or civil enforcement officer ?

I am happy to have been of assistance :roll:

I am confused why it required two men and a motor vehicle parked causing an obstruction to issue the ticket :huh:

No I don't do that for a living.

Maybe the pairing up is for safety reasons as people in that job seem to be subjected to irrational levels of hatred.

No I don't do that for a living.

Maybe the pairing up is for safety reasons as people in that job seem to be subjected to irrational levels of hatred.

Quite. There do seem to be an increasing amount of irrational people that seem hell bent on being aggressive verbally and physically when something that is obviously illegal is pointed out to them.

Not just protection (although a lot of enforcement officers are female), but the other serves as a witness so if they are accused of something, then another person can give their version. Otherwise its just one persons word against another.

Quite. There do seem to be an increasing amount of irrational people that seem hell bent on being aggressive verbally and physically when something that is obviously illegal is pointed out to them.

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 19:07 ----------

Not just protection (although a lot of enforcement officers are female), but the other serves as a witness so if they are accused of something, then another person can give their version. Otherwise its just one persons word against another.

Good point , I have seen wardens with small recording cameras mounted on their uniforms .

No, why? Are you?

Good point , I have seen wardens with small recording cameras mounted on their uniforms .

Cameras only collect evidence. A second EO provides a level of protection, unless you think cameras are a physical obstruction to assault or abuse.

I was under the impression that the police were exempt from such regulations as well, if on duty.

Edit - someone already clarified, yes they are.

I think you will find that the exemptions for the police and emergency vehicles as set out by the The Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 only exempt emergency vehicles from:

observing speed limits

observing keep left/right signs

complying with traffic lights (including pedestrian controlled crossings).

None of those regulations apply to parking or non-emergencies which is what this is about.

As stated they may get special "dispensation" by not being ticketed by the authority in question but that's as far as it goes. Its similar to having a parking ticket quashed.