If your flight is cancelled do you receive ALL of your money back?

My partner and I had booked a holiday last year to Sharm el Sheik through Low Cost Holidays (before the plane crash happened I might add), we have paid in full for this holiday. At present the flights with Monarch have been cancelled up until 18th March - we fly on the 20th.

My question is, if the flights are cancelled will we receive a full refund including any money we paid for the deposit?

My partner and I had booked a holiday last year to Sharm el Sheik through Low Cost Holidays (before the plane crash happened I might add), we have paid in full for this holiday. At present the flights with Monarch have been cancelled up until 18th March - we fly on the 20th.

My question is, if the flights are cancelled will we receive a full refund including any money we paid for the deposit?

You could try their website or phone them

"Your selected question

Q: Important Information for passengers due to travel to Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt from December

A:

We are closely following the information being provided by both the government and the airlines.

We are contacting our customers to advise of our policies, as it will be very difficult to reach us by phone due to the contact volume we are experiencing. As such we are asking all passengers yet to travel to contact us via email, and one of our dedicated support team will then contact you once we understand what you would like to do. Bookings will be dealt with in Departure date order, so if you are due to travel at the end of December, we will manage bookings due to travel at the start of December ahead of yours. We do this to try and ensure we manage bookings as quickly and as fairly as possible.

If you are due to travel from 2nd December onwards, airlines are constantly revising the dates where they are cancelling flights. This means that you have the following options available to you, basis on what your specific airline is doing with your specific flight date:

If your airline has cancelled your flight and you would like help booking a new holiday or would like to request a refund please email [email protected] confirming your details and what you would like to do.

If your flight has not been cancelled but you wish to make a change to your booking you can do so, however charges will be applied and payable by you to your airline to make the change. This varies by airline, with the most up to date information on key airlines available via the below links. When selecting a new hotel/transfers, you will need to pay any additional costs however lowcostholidays will not charge you any administration fees to manage the change. Please look at your airline website and select new dates/destination and send an email confirming your flight change request to [email protected] quoting your booking reference and advising which hotel you would like us to check availability for at the new destination.

If your flight has not been cancelled and you do not wish to make a change then you do not need to do anything at this stage. Moving forward if your flight is cancelled, we would follow the same process above.

Monarch - http://www.monarch.co.uk/news/flights/travel-alerts/monarch-customers-travelling-to-and-from-sharm-el-sheikh-egypt

easyJet - http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/sharm-el-sheikh?link=disruptionbanner

Thomson - http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/travel-information

Thomas Cook - https://www.thomascook.com/sharm-el-sheikh-customer-information/#intcmp=HelloBar_SharmUpdate

We appreciate that this is a frustrating situation to be in, and really do appreciate your help following the above advice from us as it will allow us to help everyone more quickly.

We would like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding in this matter, and can assure you that we will do all we can to contact and assist people as quickly as we can."

http://lowcostholidays.faq-help.com/faqtAgent.html#

I am checking social media and both websites daily, waiting for a decision. I just had a sudden panic this morning that we wouldn't get our deposit back. It's bad enough that the destination we have chosen to go to instead has had its flights suddenly jacked up from £305 pp to £578 at present :mad: