Rise in viruses/bugs?

Seems to be lot more viruses, bugs, going aound, A & E are reporting 8% rise in admissions, i have had a very strange one, blocked and painful ears.

I believe some of the bugs we are getting are due to the mild weather, we need some good hard frosts to kill them off before spring arrives.

Angel1.

Stands to reason that more viruses will be here with all the foreigners coming :rolleyes:

My dad used to say 'a green winter means a full churchyard.

Seems to be lot more viruses, bugs, going aound, A & E are reporting 8% rise in admissions, i have had a very strange one, blocked and painful ears.

Not fun feeling unwell, but where is that 8% report from?

Stands to reason that more viruses will be here with all the foreigners coming :rolleyes:

A sentiment attached only to your interpretation of the op. Which says more about you than you realise.

There was a major report on BBC news, saying many A&E units have been overwhelmed with some temporary closing, up 8% o last year. They also said the NHS can't yet explain the massive increase, no real outbreak of flu, etc. Weirdly, there doesn't seem to be many other news sources on the web, though I suspect the Mail/Express will pick up on it.

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 00:59 ----------

A sentiment attached only to your interpretation of the op. Which says more about you than you realise.

His intention(the poster) might have been malign, but the Chief Vet is on record as saying with globalisation, containernisation(sic) mass migration, increasing global travel, there will be new more powerful viruses, etc circulating, this is fact not xenophobia, etc.

Edited by manwithaview

I'll put a tenner on a left-wing newspaper :)

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 01:14 ----------

Sarcasm aside, I think it's a case of 'get used to it'.

The main killers of the past took years to beat in the modern world. Now viruses have plenty more hosts to play around with and are already getting ahead of us.

Anti-biotics will soon be written in history as the greatest attempt at fightback.

-

Beware the locusts! :hihi:

There was a major report on BBC news, saying many A&E units have been overwhelmed with some temporary closing, up 8% o last year. They also said the NHS can't yet explain the massive increase, no real outbreak of flu, etc. Weirdly, there doesn't seem to be many other news sources on the web, though I suspect the Mail/Express will pick up on it.

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 00:59 ----------

His intention(the poster) might have been malign, but the Chief Vet is on record as saying with globalisation, containernisation(sic) mass migration, increasing global travel, there will be new more powerful viruses, etc circulating, this is fact not xenophobia, etc.

Cell mutation, not migration causes viruses to regenerate into super viruses. Besides. Viruses will always exploit vulnerable environments that have been weakened by poor lifestyle choices that turn our bodies into feeding grounds for bacteria. I really don't buy into this-' everybody's ill because there's a nasty bug going around ' nonsense. Nasty bugs are always going around, and vulnerable environments will always be exploited.

As long as people keep migrating from one location to another it's easier for a viral spread to become pandemic. The spread of Ebola is testament to that fact.

We mustn't forget those pesky doctors and aid workers who returned home infected. They're partly responsible too. Like I stated ealier, viruses flourish in environments that offer a stable breeding ground to bacteria, and human bodies are no exception to this, which is self evident considering that most deadly strains of viruses originated in people whose lifestyle and personal hygiene is exceptionally poor in relation to countries such as ours. Sadly, some of us aren't familiar with the notion that prevention is greater than cure since lifestyle has never been about choice to some.

As long as people keep migrating from one location to another it's easier for a viral spread to become pandemic. The spread of Ebola is testament to that fact.

Apart from the ebola outbreak wasn't pandemic.