Another celeb has his reputation ruined.

Police raided and searched Cliff Richard's Berkshire home and didn't tell him anything about it, but the press were there to report it. So it looks like they were told, and it has featured heavily in the news and media ever since.

Who do they think they're fooling? Do the MPs think we will fall for this nonsense and be satisfied that 'justice is being seen to be done' and forget that they; the law makers and rulers of this country; should also be in the spotlight.

My point is that pervert MPs are still being protected while celebrities are being thrown to the wolves. Yet corrupt MPs, judges, police, etc have far more inflence over our lives than any celebrity ever did. These powerful people are the ones who need nailing, along with the people going to enormous lengths to cover it up.

So, who are these people you are referring to? I take it you have names and details of the crimes or are you just making random accusations.

Police raided and searched Cliff Richard's Berkshire home and didn't tell him anything about it, but the press were there to report it. So it looks like they were told, and it has featured heavily in the news and media ever since.

Who do they think they're fooling? Do the MPs think we will fall for this nonsense and be satisfied that 'justice is being seen to be done' and forget that they; the law makers and rulers of this country; should also be in the spotlight.

My point is that pervert MPs are still being protected while celebrities are being thrown to the wolves. Yet corrupt MPs, judges, police, etc have far more inflence over our lives than any celebrity ever did. These powerful people are the ones who need nailing, along with the people going to enormous lengths to cover it up.

So cliff Richard gets a pass?

Cliff Richard has a good reputation to lose?

MPs have indeed been protected in the past but so have people in the music business. Your argument that good people in the world of music are being sacrificed to cover up for the establishment is pathetic. The police don't act on the advice of MPs. They act subject to receiving allegations from the public.

Grow up.

Edited by LeMaquis

It seems like the complaint against CR was made by an alleged victim. Should any victims out there willing to come forward regarding politicians alleged past crimes then there isn't a better time to do it. Without witnesses it's very difficult, but not impossible.

As for CR's reputation well that's been floating around long enough, making it official wont make any difference unless you feel he is guilty..that being the case it's likely the rumours have nothing to do with any allegation but just a terrible voice. Hell intaketoo even had him strung up.

As for his reputation, IMO it stands intact...presently.

Edited by skinz

It seems like the complaint against CR was made by an alleged victim. Should any victims out there willing to come forward regarding politicians alleged past crimes then there isn't a better time to do it. Without witnesses it's very difficult, but not impossible.

As for CR's reputation well that's been floating around long enough, making it official wont make any difference unless you feel he is guilty..that being the case it's likely the rumours have nothing to do with any allegation but just a terrible voice. Hell intaketoo even had him strung up.

As for his reputation, IMO it stands intact...presently.

Oh but they have. Loud and clear. But they'e been fobbed off or ignored. Only yesterday a woman in the paper reported that back in 2000 she'd made allegations against her father, a QC, MP Nicholas Fairburn and others in high places, regarding abuse ongoing from when she was 4. Boys involved in care homes and the Elm House scandal have also come forward but we haven't heard much about it have we?

Compare that with CR, all over the front pages. Hardly equal treatment for all is it?

Looking at TV news last night it made me wonder why the media had been tipped off about the police search of the flat in question.

Unless there is a helicopter stationed above everyones home just in case something happens.

Looking at TV news last night it made me wonder why the media had been tipped off about the police search of the flat in question.

Unless there is a helicopter stationed above everyones home just in case something happens.

I think the media tip off is all part of the police tactics in these cases. Worryingly the predictable stream of folk making similar allegations against CR has begun on the back of this. It is fifficult to know whether these are genuine complaints or folk jumping on the bandwagon but it alarms me how our justice system seems to handle these cases.

Edited by wellyman

Does this episode help the cause towards the accused NOT being named, until acquitted or not?

Does this episode help the cause towards the accused NOT being named, until acquitted or not?

No. Rolf Harris was found guilty after his name was released, Stuart hall coughed for it and the two blokes of corrie were found not guilty. Freddie star has had his case thrown out before it reached court.

I think the media tip off is all part of the police tactics in these cases. Worryingly the predictable stream of folk making similar allegations against CR has begun on the back of this. It is fifficult to know whether these are genuine complaints or folk jumping on the bandwagon but it alarms me how our justice system seems to handle these cases.

So why haven't judges, MPs and Police chiefs been named? All have had accusations made against them.

So why haven't judges, MPs and Police chiefs been named? All have had accusations made against them.

Powerful rich people are difficult to nail....with money and connections...they can get away with most things! In court they can turn black into white....

https://twitter.com/search?q=cliff%20richard%20elm%20guest%20house&src=tyah