Predict outcome of Scottish Referendum here

predict outcome of Scottish referendum here  

67 members have voted

1. 1. predict outcome of Scottish referendum here

• YES 50% + 1 vote NO 50% -1 vote
    • NO 50% +1 vote YES 50% -1 vote
    • other (please specify)

the actual Scotland polls open on the morning of Thursday, 18 September.

this poll closes the day before.

in case of confusion, a YES vote is a vote to bring about an independent Scotland. A NO vote is to maintain the status quo and the present Union.

Edited by blake

Salmond won't be seen for dust afterwards.

Let me put it like that.

Salmond won't be seen for dust afterwards.

Let me put it like that.

What a lovely thought, that would make my day. :thumbsup:

I'd be interested to see if there's any change in the opinion polls after the games.

The Commonwealth games will give Scotland a false sense of superiority. To some a successful games means they can run a successful country. The games will certainly affect the outcome which is why i think Salmond chose now for the vote.

I think itr will be close but i feel Scotland will vote to stay part of the Union. In another 10 years though should there be another vote i think it will go the other way.

I can't see that.

There's no good reason for them to go and I can't see another one popping up in the future.

If anything as time passes the major plus points will actually decrease, the North Sea oil is only going to diminish.

Do you seriously think someone is going to gain independence based on whiskey, haggis and salmon fishing??

If it doesn't happen now I can't see any decent chance of it being mentioned again in 10-20 years, unless some magical new thing is found there which will replace the lost oil revenue??

Is this a competition to find the most complicatedly worded poll ever?

Those poll options are nuts!

Don't understand the poll.. but

Scotland will get independence then in 2016 their general election will be won by the people who are going to change their economy to a more Nordic type where there is a lot more fair wealth distribution along with creating a better society.

In the meantime Labour will win the general election here and will start to stutter on the devolution of power and investment to the north what they are flapping about all of a sudden, then the large contingent of English/other who support Scottish independence and what they trying to do will start to protest Labour about their lack off integrity therefore forcing Westminster to break away from the north of this island creating a long overdue proper divide in England where the ones who support a Nordic more fair economy/society will be asked to live in the north and the people who like it how it is now and the way Westminster do things will be to the south of the island.

The north of England will end up independent and working along side Scotland eventually as there is a large number of people in the north and scattered around who don't want anything to do with Westminster any more and would rather avoid civil war.

It's a very interesting and important few years ahead.

They will vote no.

I quite like the Scots in terms of mixing with them, they are enjoyable company as a general rule, apart from the odd weirdo and lets face it we all have a few of those.

But for whatever reason they don't seem to have any overwhelming desire to stand on their own two feet and be a Nation.

Perhaps Robbie Burns was right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ncize02jk

Doesn't seem to be working but was the poem written by Burns which concludes,

'We were bought and sold for English gold, such a parcel of rogues in a Nation'

Edited by mjw47

**complete twaddle**

IF Scotland did gain independence then it's almost certain a Labour government would rule there, as they have a massive majority currently.

They would then probably ruin the country, as they often do and leave it in a right old state.

Down in England the English Labour party would loose a fairly substantial number of seats, in the current climate it would be incredibly difficult for them to gain a majority to win an election as they are far too weak.

I predict a NO from Scotland, and another coalition government for us all from the next election (although which two partys I'm not sure, Lib-Lab anyone??)

IF Scotland did gain independence then it's almost certain a Labour government would rule there, as they have a massive majority currently.

They would then probably ruin the country, as they often do and leave it in a right old state.

Down in England the English Labour party would loose a fairly substantial number of seats, in the current climate it would be incredibly difficult for them to gain a majority to win an election as they are far too weak.

I predict a NO from Scotland, and another coalition government for us all from the next election (although which two partys I'm not sure, Lib-Lab anyone??)

I thought the SNP were the majority party in Holyrood?:confused:

They'll vote no anyway. For all the rhetoric, sabre rattling and kilt waving when it comes down to it a lot of Scots are conservative with a small c and no amount of Rob Royery will alter that fact. They'll go into the poll booths spitting death or Valhalla then bottle it and vote no.

I hope they vote yes, can't see them doing it though.