What if Cannabis Cured Cancer ?

Watched a YouTube video recently about this , thanks to a Forum link . I'm not a user myself , always been put off by the illegality aspect , but this video opened my eyes somewhat !

Cannabis , in some form or another , used to be widely used for self medication and was a staple part of the doctor's bag of medicines .

It was used for labour pains , asthma , rheumatism , and was also given to "cranky babies". Apparently Queen Victoria used it for period pains .....

Having watched most of this video , have become concerned about the use of the law to make this herb very illegal .

In 1937 , a US Federal Law was passed making cannabinoids illegal , but THIS WAS OPPOSED BY THE US MEDICAL ASSOCIATION of the day .....

This was around the same time that the new , profit-driven , assembly-line "Big Pharma" companies were getting started .... Hmmmmm

Doctors in 2012 still don't have a "golden bullet" to relieve pain , Sativex is a cannabinoid released onto the market around 2005 - it seems to me that the powers that be want to stop people growing their own on a tiny scale but are happy for "big Pharma" to start selling it !!!

Thanks for this. I am off to the doctor to increase my morphine on Monday and am going to mention this,

The the argument is really about medication, it's about getting stoned. Cannabis can be taken in medical form without the high, but cannabis users don't want that; I wonder why?

The the argument is really about medication, it's about getting stoned. Cannabis can be taken in medical form without the high, but cannabis users don't want that; I wonder why?
Lots of your posts are certainly stoned Mecky!

Watched a YouTube video recently about this , thanks to a Forum link . I'm not a user myself , always been put off by the illegality aspect , but this video opened my eyes somewhat !

Cannabis , in some form or another , used to be widely used for self medication and was a staple part of the doctor's bag of medicines .

It was used for labour pains , asthma , rheumatism , and was also given to "cranky babies". Apparently Queen Victoria used it for period pains .....

Having watched most of this video , have become concerned about the use of the law to make this herb very illegal .

In 1937 , a US Federal Law was passed making cannabinoids illegal , but THIS WAS OPPOSED BY THE US MEDICAL ASSOCIATION of the day .....

This was around the same time that the new , profit-driven , assembly-line "Big Pharma" companies were getting started .... Hmmmmm

Doctors in 2012 still don't have a "golden bullet" to relieve pain , Sativex is a cannabinoid released onto the market around 2005 - it seems to me that the powers that be want to stop people growing their own on a tiny scale but are happy for "big Pharma" to start selling it !!!

The brain naturally makes cannabinoids, cannabis mimics this process.

If cannabinoids are illegal shouldn't we all be locked up for producing it?

It was a dual threat - to big pharma and to those who had capital tied up in synthetic fibre and timber production that hemp would have seriously undercut. These were wealthy men, so they certainly had some lobbying clout. It would make sense for them to support prohibition.

It is an excellent film, I've posted the link on here myself recently.

Another similar one you might like-

Run from the cure.

you can get "medicinal" cannabis but cos cannabis has that illegal / prohibited aspect to it, most people that want it for medical resons end up going to a normal dealer and so get the normal variant

If it can make me FEEL the pain, but it not be crippling, the. I'm all for it. I doubt anything can completely rid yourself of pain. Despite taking the meds I do, it is still there, like nagging toothache ..

Doctors used to say that about smoking, look where that got them.

Yes , but how many people get lung cancer as a secondary cancer , ie. the cancer starts somewhere else but spreads to the lungs because of the high passage of blood through the lungs ?

The video refers to 4 compounds , THC , CBD (analgesic and anti-inflammatory , anti-psychotic effects ) , CBC ( natural anti-inflammatory) and THCV . Studies have shown that cannabinoids have anti-proliferative effects against cancer cells , and can stop tumours growing their own blood supply

( angiogenesis).

This video has made me question the corporate media , who constantly refer to drug gangs , drug dealers and society losers . Can anyone remember a Corrie story where someone gave Mavis a cannabis plant , she didn't know what it was for a while then was mortified when she found out ?

Can you imagine that being a soap storyline these days , I miss those days of innocence !

What exactly is the thread about?

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but the title reads "What if cannabis cured cancer?" yet there is no mention of anything like this in your opening post :huh: