Would you use language like this..

How you use it isn't the point. It's a balance of your intent and those listening. One can't exist without the other.

Alf Garnet is a prime example. Many of our residents bigots may argue "why should he be able to say "coon"? when ironically the term is used contextually to show satirically that bigots existed then..and sadly now... with "if he can say it why can't I"? as though they look up to the character but not understand the satire. When I laugh at AG I'm not laughing at the phrases he uses, I'm laughing at the numbskuls who are getting off on Alf mirroring their prejudices..but more importantly they haven't a clue it's aimed at them. That's the level of intellect..Whoooosh! over the head zero.

In a nutshell I'm laughing at their ignorance while in reality they laugh at the use of the word "coon", it somehow justifies their own need to use it. Bit like ting tong.."it's funny, I want to use it cos a politician did."

Did you forget Bill Reynolds sayings/ i will remind you

such as the terms "Honky", "Snowflake", "Paleface" or "Big White Chief

That's the level of intellect..Whoooosh! over the head zero. I rest my case.

Ironically, political correctness being taken too far has resulted in child abuse going unchallenged because of misplaced concerns about cultural/racial sensitivities. ?

... really? Because that isn't what the victims will think. You are confusing political correctness with social standing, not that odd considering it is you.

Also, it is spelled ****, not pish.

... really? Because that isn't what the victims will think. You are confusing political correctness with social standing, not that odd considering it is you.

Also, it is spelled ****, not pish.

I was referring to the numerous cases where a blind eye was turned to Asian grooming gangs by social workers. That is what happens when political correctness goes too far and people fear a none racist accusation will be twisted by politically correct zealots into a claim of racism against them. The sort of over-zealous political correctness you preach creates a culture where the fear of being labelled racist is considered a worse risk than ignoring potential child abuse.

It isn't right, healthy or equality to have a default position where it is assumed racism is the primary motivator whenever someone accuses, slurs or offends an ethnic minority.

"Vincent Munday said it was outrageous, rude and offensive and he and his wife would withdraw their UKIP membership".

So a Thai woman and a bloke who married a Thai woman join UKIP, a party mainly known for its opposition to immigration and then get offended when UKIP are offensive to an immigrant. If I were Jewish and joined the NF I'd expect a rough ride. If they can't take it they shouldn't join and seek to legitimise an organisation that dishes it out.

The earth has stopped spinning on it's axis, I actually agree with you about something. :hihi:

Also, I GUARANTEE that her husband's mate's wives or girlfriends have said much, much worse about Mrs. Munday in private.

Yes but high profile UKIP members seem to have a habit of making 'flippant and crass' comments especially with regards to people's ethnic background, religion, sexuality etc. Atkinson's pronouncements are part of a pattern. It's certainly true that such statements are like catnip to the average Ukipper - but thankfully most people think that the TV programme 'Mind Your Language' and Jim Davidson should be consigned to the dustbin of history, and not serve as inspiration for people who would like some form of power over us.

You've no evidence of this. Where are you getting these "facts" that the average Ukipper would approve. I'm a Ukipper, a fairly average one at that, and I don't approve of what she said, I'm glad she apologised which was the right thing to do. That you claim this is something most Ukipprs would welcome only speaks of your ignorance.

You've no evidence of this. Where are you getting these "facts" that the average Ukipper would approve. I'm a Ukipper, a fairly average one at that, and I don't approve of what she said, I'm glad she apologised which was the right thing to do. That you claim this is something most Ukipprs would welcome only speaks of your ignorance.

According to this article Nigel Farage has apologised in person and the couple are no longer going to withdraw their support for UKIP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-28853031

Janice Atkinson really needs to learn to engage brain before opening gob.

Regards

Doom

According to this article Nigel Farage has apologised in person and the couple are no longer going to withdraw their support for UKIP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-28853031

Janice Atkinson really needs to learn to engage brain before opening gob.

Regards

Doom

Mr Farage told the couple he was "deeply sorry" and "it shouldn't have happened". Ms Atkinson has apologised.

Mr Farage, who is also a UKIP MEP for the South East, told the BBC: "I didn't want the thing to happen in the first place but, given that it happened, I'm the leader, the buck stops with me.

"Something has happened that was offensive, unpleasant, didn't need to happen and I thought the only thing that I could possibly do was to come up personally and say 'I'm sorry for causing offence'."

He said Ms Atkinson would be "spoken to" and "reprimanded", because "this is not the kind of behaviour that we want from anybody, at any level, in UKIP".

Actually quite refreshing to see a party leader showing a bit of contrition and handling it personally. I think it's a good response from Farage.

I was referring to the numerous cases where a blind eye was turned to Asian grooming gangs by social workers. That is what happens when political correctness goes too far and people fear a none racist accusation will be twisted by politically correct zealots into a claim of racism against them. The sort of over-zealous political correctness you preach creates a culture where the fear of being labelled racist is considered a worse risk than ignoring potential child abuse.

It isn't right, healthy or equality to have a default position where it is assumed racism is the primary motivator whenever someone accuses, slurs or offends an ethnic minority.

What you describe here is nothing to do with political correctness, it is to do with poorly trained people doing a job they aren't suited for. Again, you are using political correctness as a means to justify racism. The two are not related.

What you describe here is nothing to do with political correctness, it is to do with poorly trained people doing a job they aren't suited for. Again, you are using political correctness as a means to justify racism. The two are not related.

What I describe is the culture you find in social services departments. It is a blame culture and top of the fear list is an accusation of racism, which is the kiss of death to a career. As a result we see ethnic minority groups treated differently to manage risk to oneself before the risk to children. Culture isn't something you 'train'... culture is about how people are treated and how they respond to that treatment.

The bottom line is people fear being labelled racist and in protecting themselves children were abandoned to ethnic minority abusers. The 'blame' is not with the people who are fearful but who create the fear. The blame lies with people who seek offensive and assume racism as the default motivation whenever a white person says a bad word about an ethnic minority. People like you.

That's the level of intellect..Whoooosh! over the head zero. I rest my case.

:hihi:

I think kidley's forgotten that Bill Reynolds was a fictional character scripted by white folks who conceived Love Thy Neigbour.

would people know this fellow better, come on boy keep up.

Rudolph Walker,

also it was Bill Reynolds that said those words not the above.

Edited by kidley