Predict outcome of Scottish Referendum here

predict outcome of Scottish referendum here  

67 members have voted

1. 1. predict outcome of Scottish referendum here

• YES 50% + 1 vote NO 50% -1 vote
    • NO 50% +1 vote YES 50% -1 vote
    • other (please specify)

You are quite correct I got my Scottish disasters mixed up. :)

don't worry about it it is an easy mistake to make. People can similarly confuse the Tay Bridge and Quintinshill Scottish train disasters too even though 36 years seperates them. Because it was so spectacular, Tay Bridge gets all the glory, whereas few people have ever heard of Quintinshill, despite the loss of life being almost three times more. All I know is that whenever I get on a train to Scotland, which I will be doing about 2 weeks before the poll, I wish myself luck. Scottish trains, are dodgy.

Whether the Scots vote Yes or No is it time for a more federal system throughout either the entire UK or what is left after Scotland leaves?

Surely it makes sense, with London under both Livingstone and Boris showing an independent streak, Wales having devolved powers, why not an Assembly of the North combining the area south of Scotland to, say, Nottingham, beyond that an Assembly of the Midlands etc etc.

Devolve power within the UK make each region more responsible for NHS, Police, Social services etc, leaving national issues with Westminster.

don't worry about it it is an easy mistake to make. People can similarly confuse the Tay Bridge and Quintinshill Scottish train disasters too even though 36 years seperates them. Because it was so spectacular, Tay Bridge gets all the glory, whereas few people have ever heard of Quintinshill, despite the loss of life being almost three times more. All I know is that whenever I get on a train to Scotland, which I will be doing about 2 weeks before the poll, I wish myself luck. Scottish trains, are dodgy.

Tay Bridge was in 1879 and Quintinshill in 1915. I think there have been improvements since then. The worst rail crashes in the last 100 years have generally been in the London area. I take it you avoid the capital.

Whether the Scots vote Yes or No is it time for a more federal system throughout either the entire UK or what is left after Scotland leaves?

Surely it makes sense, with London under both Livingstone and Boris showing an independent streak, Wales having devolved powers, why not an Assembly of the North combining the area south of Scotland to, say, Nottingham, beyond that an Assembly of the Midlands etc etc.

Devolve power within the UK make each region more responsible for NHS, Police, Social services etc, leaving national issues with Westminster.

because then even more tax payers money would be ****** up the wall employing useless politicians.

It was the Tay bridge that William Mcgonagall wrote the 'poem' about, which turned out to be somewhat of a disaster itself as I recall! :)

Worth reading as an example of how not write poetry.

I think they will vote no. For me the fact that this referendum is happening is a win for Scotland all on its own, across Europe there are subjected nations/cultures that are looking at this process with great interest.

As a Frisian I will happily concede that we are better off in the Netherlands, but the idea of being allowed to vote for it? Hell yeah. And I don't think anybody could deny that.

Catalonia are very much for independence, and I've heard the North of Italy doesn't much like the south as well so they might follow suit.

excellent campaign this by the SNP. First there was the Comonwealth Games, then they even took the precaution, of getting this lady panda lent from China, pregnant in Edinburgh zoo. Can't fault their timing. Could the result of a British Isles election be it yes or no, possibly hinge on what happens to a pregnant panda?

Unfortunately I think they will vote No, I dunno why the UK is desperate to keep Scotland in it..it's like trying to convince your wife to stay, if she doesn't want you she doesn't want you, let her leave and watch her end up in a council house with no money and be a lonely old drunk.

That's my analogy.

Unfortunately I think they will vote No.....if she doesn't want you she doesn't want you, let her leave....

That's my analogy.

Not a very good analogy. She doesn't want to leave so let her leave. Eh?

Not a very good analogy. She doesn't want to leave so let her leave. Eh?

:hihi::hihi:

Many people believe this is about Oil. It is not. It is more about whiskey. When the oil is gone the Scotch will still be made....and the eastern markets are still opening with the new rich in China and India not too far behind. I believe the UK needs Scotland in the FUTURE and anyway no good ever came of division. There are examples all over the world of this. Korea/Vietnam/The Balkans to name a few. Scotland to remain in the Union by at least 8%