Additional key fob remote for 2011 VW Golf

We've bought 2011 Golf estate second hand, but it only came with the one keyfob (3 button remote locking, unlocking and boot opening - not the keyless contact thing)

What's the best/most economical/fastest way of getting an additional keyfob for the car?

Pitfalls? Dos and Don'ts? I await the wisdom of the forum!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Blackbeard, although I'm none the wiser. That chap has a 2001 Passat, and I gather the key tech has changed two or three times since.

Anyone with personal experience? Anyone tried any of the "aftermarket" solutions that seem to be cheaper etc. Or should I go to a VW dealer and let them deal with it for £££?

I used Timpson's at Crystal peaks to get a spare key for my Ford, they do cheaper versions and also a dealers one, not sure about Golf, but it would be worth ringing them up.

Probably going to be a dealer only option as the new key will have to be set up for the car.

Remove your trousers at the dealers and don't expect any lube!!!:D

Probably going to be a dealer only option as the new key will have to be set up for the car.

Remove your trousers at the dealers and don't expect any lube!!!:D

Will moly-slip be any good?

Will call a VW dealer tomorrow.

Thanks Blackbeard, although I'm none the wiser. That chap has a 2001 Passat, and I gather the key tech has changed two or three times since.

Anyone with personal experience? Anyone tried any of the "aftermarket" solutions that seem to be cheaper etc. Or should I go to a VW dealer and let them deal with it for £££?

Get a quote. I think £70 should do it...

You'll be lucky ! I recently bought one for a Skoda (VAG Group) For the blade fob and setup it cost about £170.