Car parked on my drive!

I came back from town earlier, only been out for an hour, and there's a car parked on my drive. Never seen it before and it doesnt belong to neighbours. My friend has blocked it in so it cant move and i have called the '101' number and reported it

So you've effectively "clamped" the car so that it can't move without asking you or the nieghbour to let it out?

which acheives what exactly? the opportunity to confront the driver? to what end? your drive is occupied for longer than if you didn't confront the driver.

Plus 101 won't do anything, and in fact, it is your friend who is commiting the offence of obstruction rather than the driver.

I came back from town earlier, only been out for an hour, and there's a car parked on my drive. Never seen it before and it doesnt belong to neighbours. My friend has blocked it in so it cant move and i have called the '101' number and reported it

What crime have you reported?

In other words the police won't do/be able to do anything, it being a civil rather than criminal matter. In fact I wonder if the police might actually come but only because your friend might actually be impeding the owner of the car's legal right of access onto the highway.

Incidentally, you don't have the same right of access FROM the highway ONTO your drive as you (and perhaps the trespasser) have from the drive onto the highway

Is it not illegal to block a car IN a driveway? I know it's apparently ok to obstruct an empty drive. Perhaps instead you could leave a little note on the windscreen? I did this once when a car parked in my husband allocated parking space and it never happened again.

I think your right to block it an, as why should they park on your drive. where are you?

So you've effectively "clamped" the car so that it can't move without asking you or the nieghbour to let it out?

which acheives what exactly? the opportunity to confront the driver? to what end? your drive is occupied for longer than if you didn't confront the driver.

Plus 101 won't do anything, and in fact, it is your friend who is commiting the offence of obstruction rather than the driver.

You totally epitomise what is wrong with the country, should you not be asking why has the driver chose to park on somebody else’s drive. I just think it is bang out of order and I would block them in too

When I was a student this happened to us all the time, and it was actually our neighbours who did this. Went on for months and we asked them to not do it, but the message never got through. When asking them to move it and keep it off our drive (which was occupied by our own car most of the time) they said "well where are we supposed to park our car?" I couldn't believe the cheek of it! I think if people leave a note explaining (perhaps there was no parking available) it's ok, but when they do it without asking/letting you know it is VERY cheeky.

you did right, i would have done exactly the same, the cheek of some people, they have no right to park on your drive:huh:

It's a very strange thing for someone to do isn't it!

You totally epitomise what is wrong with the country, should you not be asking why has the driver chose to park on somebody else’s drive. I just think it is bang out of order and I would block them in too

How does the poster epitomise what you think is wrong with the country, by advising and warning of possible legal ramifications.

Or did the poster write the law?

you did right, i would have done exactly the same, the cheek of some people, they have no right to park on your drive:huh:

But however justified you may feel, you also have no "right" in law to block access to the highway.

FWIW, I would feel like doing the same, however it's only fair to let the OP know that the police may sympathise personally, but not professionally..

hire a skip and have it dropped behind the car. start filling the skip and when they come say you owe me for a skip as well as ground rent for the use of my drive. Oh and advise them the skip will be collected at the weekend. Cheek of some people!