Meersbrook Valley Rd area safe for cats?

Hi All

I am just about to move to a house on Valley rd with my two lovely cats but am feeling worried by some of what I have been reading on here. I was initially worried about the road - fast drivers, etc and was going to ask what people thought about the traffic as I think its a bit busier than where I currently live. Are people aware of many road accidents involving pets or children on Valley Rd or the surrounding area?

And after reading some other posts I am now also worried about cats going missing and beheadings :( Mine are very sociable and used to wandering thru other peoples gardens and greeting people on the pavements.....

Is it all doom and gloom and should I rethink this move or are there some happy, safe outdoor cats around there?

thanks

I think it's pretty risky for any moggy on any road today.

If you have a choice don't move to a road that is so busy unless you are going to enclose the garden so they can't get out. I wouldn't move there, not because it isn't a great area but fir the safety if my fur babies x

I wouldn't let my cats out on valley rd , its too busy and there have been so many missing in that area , also my friend has customers in that area , who have lost several cats . All mine are house cats.

I'm afraid we've heard of quite a few accidents for cats there. We're a rescue and wouldn't rehome on Valley Road .... Upper Valley is different. Might be worth seeing if they'll agree to staying indoors and/or make them a safe outdoor enclosure.

If you could provide a secure outdoor caged in area that would be good otherwise I wouldn't risk it if you really are concerned about your cats safety.. We live in a tiny terrace on a road that is well away from lots of traffic (dead end uphill) but still have our cats as housecats because they will always want to wander off and our back garden can't be made totally secure (right of way).