06-04-2007, 12:05   #501
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 53,631
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
hmmmm ive just found a nearly band song on a compilation lp i have

the comps called underground resistance vol 3
and also features thrilled skinny

and the nearly band songs called four vagrants (sounds abit damned ish, well thats what sprung to mind when i just listened to it) is it from "our" the nearly band or another nearly band (a not quite so nearly band?
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
10-04-2007, 09:43   #502
mickc

Total Posts: 75
Hi Mel,

Yes,That's us!

Feel free to upload it

Sorry it's taking so long to get that stuff to you, Dave did me some Durango 95,Cosa Nostra etc but didnt include any track listing info so its gone back to him for update. I will post a CD of Nearly Band stuff this week including the original(and better) version of "Four Vagrants". Didn't know anyone had a copy of Underground Resistance LP. Mine's in a box in the attic somewhere.

Mick
13-04-2007, 07:16   #503
jwilk

Total Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by slh73 View Post
I know Mixmif, used to get tattooed in the same place as him (designer skin, west bar, now shut). Last time I saw him was on the moor, just as he was putting the carpainters together. And I used to work with Jon from Bedlam Choir, who went on and joined Freekspurt, and is now in a band called Sukmunki. Has anyone got any slopdosh stuff they can put online as mp3s? Havent heard them for ages.
yeh i no jon from bedlam choir,they were a great band.should deffo av been up there with the big names of the 80s an 90s no doubt about it.i saw them at the cityhall when they supported saxon,an they blew them away.i allso
got there cd which ok rupert(sad) but the rest of the stuff were great mate.
do ya no what they are all up to,ok jon in sukmunki,what about rest of the lads.
13-04-2007, 07:18   #504
jwilk

[QUOTE=slh73;1121786]I know Mixmif, used to get tattooed in the same place as him (designer skin, west bar, now shut). Last time I saw him was on the moor, just as he was putting the carpainters together. And I used to work with Jon from Bedlam Choir, who went on and joined Freekspurt, and is now in a band called Sukmunki. Has anyone got any slopdosh stuff they can put online as mp3s? Havent heard them for ages.[/QUOTES
13-04-2007, 07:27   #505
jwilk

yeh i no jon from bedlam choir,they were one of the best bands around at that time pitty they split.i saw them at the cityhall when they supported saxon an for me they blew saxon away.they should av been up there with the big names in the 80s an early 90s.its a pitty noone took them seriously enough.they were far one of the best bands in sheff at the time,an a very exciting band to watch,an also a bunch of great lads.an i remember phil there roadie an van driver smashing lad.
13-04-2007, 17:04   #506
melthebell
*gets coat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilk View Post
yeh i no jon from bedlam choir,they were one of the best bands around at that time pitty they split.i saw them at the cityhall when they supported saxon an for me they blew saxon away.they should av been up there with the big names in the 80s an early 90s.its a pitty noone took them seriously enough.they were far one of the best bands in sheff at the time,an a very exciting band to watch,an also a bunch of great lads.an i remember phil there roadie an van driver smashing lad.
phil the van, aye, remmeber him from the wap, also did stuff with truth decay, gets a thanks on their demo i have
_______
14-04-2007, 00:54   #507
jwilk

hi ya mel,
i also remember bedlam choir,and the p,dogs,at rebbles in sheff.they were the first bands to play there for years.an il tell ya what,it was kickin.could,nt get a better line up.they were the most kickin bands about at that time.
ive seen most of the bands you,ve mentioned, if not them all,an theres none to touch these 2 bands in that error mate,but thats only my opinion.also choir did 2 or 3 covers.but one that sticks to mind was,(phantom of the opra)
maiden.it was spot on note for note.i used to go an see choir as much as i cud an p,dogs,but i used to catch them at take 2 more than anything as they used to be there more than any other bands in sheff.and they used to support sum great bands there as well vamp,shy,horse london,lisa dom,an on one acassion they supported the farm,but the farm pulled the gig,so bedlam choir headlined the gig.saw them at the pal,a in sheff supporting acid rain.that was a awesome gig,but they were miss treated by bad management,think they were signed to some company in burton on trent,an went to sweden to record an album but relieased a single e.p instead.then after cityhall that was the last i herd of them.sad sad sad.come back p,dogs an bedlam choir.an livean the music scene up in sheff much missed.
14-04-2007, 02:42   #508
Phanerothyme
Psychenaut

Total Posts: 16,424
Sounds like we might have some great material for a Golden Oldies section in the forthcoming Sheffield Internet Radio - see here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/show...75#post2142575 for more info!
_______
SWYgeW91IGNvdWxkIGhlYXIsIGF0IGV2ZXJ5IGpvbHQsIHRoZS BibG9vZA0KQ29tZSBnYXJnbGluZyBmcm9tIHRoZSBmcm90aC1j b3JydXB0ZWQgbHVuZ3MsDQpPYnNjZW5lIGFzIGNhbmNlciwgYm l0dGVyIGFzIHRoZSBjdWQNCk9mIHZpbGUsIGluY3VyYWJsZSBz b3JlcyBvbiBpbm5vY2VudCB0b25ndWVzLOKAlA==

Last edited by Phanerothyme; 24-04-2007 at 02:57.
14-04-2007, 08:39   #509
jwilk

hi ya phanerothyme.well mate sorry cant help you out at the mo,but be nice to keep in touch.as i am now in australia.but i think ya idea of radio station is great mate,an when i get bac to the uk,(if)by all means id like to help in anyway i can thanks for the reply,an keep up the good work.hope its a radio station thats going to be playing the bands that av been mentioned round sheff in the 80s an 90s that would be awesome.i also remember choir at the pal,a supportting (lawnmower death)that was a top gig as well.and they supported dumpys rusty nuts.i think it was at utoxeter football ground.but im not to sure it was advertised in the good old karrang.think it was 90-91.but they got themselfs around a bit.class band.
14-04-2007, 13:55   #510
melthebell
*gets coat*

right *looks through his gig book*

ive seen bedlam choir at the following

18th may 1989 - hallamshire hotel with lilac confusion, human perogrative

hmmmmmm thought id seen em more than once????
must not have written a few gigs down, ive seen acid reign and lawnmower deth a few times too
_______
15-04-2007, 00:04   #511
jwilk

hi ya mel,that must av been in the early days of bedlam choir.when they had differant members.i saw them when they had a russian guitar player.an a singer from rotherham which he was with them for years.but the frontman also did hallamshire.but they had a vocalist before that,that all so played at the hallamshire.but they had 3 drummers in the band over the years ,and a few guitarist.but after the the city hall gig,the drummer after that was a lad called andrew nickname(tank)and shortly after that was a kid called dwane.an all 3 of them were top drummers.guitarist i remember think was,well if im correct.ian wattkinson,early days.take 2.graham hobbson,all so early days.then after that was howard roe,then the russian lad dimitri.which again were all great guitarist in there own right.an the one that saw it all the way through was dave fox,top lad.ho an not to forget jon the bass player,gota be one of the best bass players in sheff by far.anyway mel av ya been to see sukmonkie.an what is your veiws on them as i av not seen them cheers.
15-04-2007, 09:14   #512
melthebell
*gets coat*

Quote:
hi ya mel,that must av been in the early days of bedlam choir.when they had differant members.i saw them when they had a russian guitar player.an a singer from rotherham which he was with them for years.but the frontman also did hallamshire.but they had a vocalist before that,that all so played at the hallamshire.but they had 3 drummers in the band over the years ,and a few guitarist.but after the the city hall gig,the drummer after that was a lad called andrew nickname(tank)and shortly after that was a kid called dwane.an all 3 of them were top drummers.guitarist i remember think was,well if im correct.ian wattkinson,early days.take 2.graham hobbson,all so early days.then after that was howard roe,then the russian lad dimitri.which again were all great guitarist in there own right.an the one that saw it all the way through was dave fox,top lad.ho an not to forget jon the bass player,gota be one of the best bass players in sheff by far.anyway mel av ya been to see sukmonkie.an what is your veiws on them as i av not seen them cheers.
tbh i aint really head sukmunki or any of jons other bands, i left sheffield in 92, thats my excuse its hard to get down now just for a gig
_______
15-04-2007, 23:18   #513
jwilk

ok mel mybe, if anybody as there demo are if they have an address,(myspace)cud sumone forward it to me so i can check em out i would realy appreciate that.dose anyone remember,apes,pigs,an spacemen.i herd they relised an album in the early 90s,but not herd of them since.i only herd one track off it an i think it was the singel not sure.but dose anyone no where abouts an what they are doing today cheers.
16-04-2007, 00:01   #514
Phanerothyme
Psychenaut

Total Posts: 16,424
Quote:
hi ya phanerothyme.well mate sorry cant help you out at the mo,but be nice to keep in touch.as i am now in australia.but i think ya idea of radio station is great mate,an when i get bac to the uk,(if)by all means id like to help in anyway
If you're in Australia, then you'll be up and around for the graveyard shift!
_______
SWYgeW91IGNvdWxkIGhlYXIsIGF0IGV2ZXJ5IGpvbHQsIHRoZS BibG9vZA0KQ29tZSBnYXJnbGluZyBmcm9tIHRoZSBmcm90aC1j b3JydXB0ZWQgbHVuZ3MsDQpPYnNjZW5lIGFzIGNhbmNlciwgYm l0dGVyIGFzIHRoZSBjdWQNCk9mIHZpbGUsIGluY3VyYWJsZSBz b3JlcyBvbiBpbm5vY2VudCB0b25ndWVzLOKAlA==
17-04-2007, 13:45   #515
pete_fcs

Total Posts: 1,280
Send a message via Yahoo to pete_fcs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dust View Post
Interesting read, I sang in Cosa Nostra
i remember them!

saw you a few times, hallamshire i think still got some flyers too in my scrapbook if i remember right!
_______
limited editions of pete's original sheffield books and prints exclusively available from rare and racy, devonshire street.
17-04-2007, 13:48   #516
pete_fcs

Quote:
hi ya mel,
i also remember bedlam choir,and the p,dogs,at rebbles in sheff.they were the first bands to play there for years.an il tell ya what,it was kickin......
i was there and i agree!

it came about i think because plague dogs had just signed to a manager who persuaded rebels to put on local bands. he also spent 150 on an advert in the star, little realising that no-one in the audience could read!

_______
limited editions of pete's original sheffield books and prints exclusively available from rare and racy, devonshire street.
17-04-2007, 13:50   #517
pete_fcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post
hmmmm ive just found a nearly band song on a compilation lp i have

the comps called underground resistance vol 3
and also features thrilled skinny

i've got it too!

there were also at least three darnall music factory compilation l.p.'s of local bands in the late eighties, of various quality and total collectability!

_______
17-04-2007, 14:08   #518
melthebell
*gets coat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_fcs View Post
i've got it too!

there were also at least three darnall music factory compilation l.p.'s of local bands in the late eighties, of various quality and total collectability!

yeah but i aint likely to find those ones in charity shops up round here
_______
18-04-2007, 10:43   #519
pete_fcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post
yeah but i aint likely to find those ones in charity shops up round here
only 'cos they'll have chucked 'em out!

_______
18-04-2007, 20:17   #520
melthebell
*gets coat*

right ive just uploaded the corpse grinders - my hovercraft is full of eels demotape from 1989 if anybody remembers them?

looks like ive seen corpse grinders 7 times (according to my gig book )
_______
Reply To Topic