Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

all my old mates were in all the classic unsigned late 80s / early 90s punk / metal bands, heres a list, plus theres other bands ive been to see etc too, not a definitive list, but still very interesting to read and remenisce if you were part of the scene between those years..........all these bands normally get missed in books and history write ups on the sheffield scene so i thought id right the wrong :)

also a few indie / folky / dancey / traveller bands too

anybody remember

dog soldier

bad blood

truth decay (toured with government issue in america at least once)

bastion

systematic annexe (my first ever gig, back in 1986 at the hallamshire hotel, they also featured on a motorhate comp album)

G.G.F

Moral justice

the bland (from chesterfield - went to a party once at theres, thats when i first met jools, see the dwarf and a clipboard man thread)

deathtrash

goodbye toulouse (jools was the roadie)

amnesia

face first

slopdosh bobar and ivan crump

midnight choir?

muzzle club / bendy monsters

bad taste

radiacs

bedlam choir

lilac confusion

human perogrative

plague dogs

corpse grinders?

slbc psychoterrorism research unit

media premonition

FCS (F*** City S*******)

durango 95?

ed 209?

blind mole rat

astrids?

food

various vegetables

head

smokescreen soundsystem

dr restart ant wrapsmiths (wath upon dearne band)

dog on a rope

elfin

longpigs

wax lyrical

ju ju city

me

freezer

brained

cus cus

shell

drug free america

DISCUSS :)

I've updated the list with as much info as i can remember all the bands i've added info on i've made bold

dog soldier - kev became a p/t lecturer at sheff uni..

G.G.F - john (singer) has some merry go rounds n kids rides i think....

bad blood / face first were the same band they just swapped instruments and renamed themselves ( they not truth decay toured with government issue on the UK tour and crashed their van, hence the next GI album being called crash!)

those three bands split up early 90's and one member from each formed

truth decay which i joined in 93 (i think?!)

bastion

systematic annexe (my first ever gig, back in 1986 at the hallamshire hotel, they also featured on a motorhate comp album)

Moral justice

the bland (from chesterfield - went to a party once at theres, thats when i first met jools, see the dwarf and a clipboard man thread)

deathtrash - murray fenton is in the ****wits now

goodbye toulouse (jools was the roadie)

amnesia

slopdosh bobar and ivan crump - i've still got their demo, you came to wath and saw em with us didn't you??

midnight choir?

muzzle club / bendy monsters - bendy monsters still exist i think...

bad taste

radiacs

bedlam choir

lilac confusion

human perogrative

plague dogs

corpse grinders - a couple of em went on to form WORM, who still exist to this day...

slbc psychoterrorism research unit

media premonition

FCS (F*** City S*******) - moses is still around

durango 95

ed 209

blind mole rat - became spitboy didn't they?

astrids

food

various vegetables - signed to warp did a single and promptly split up

head

smokescreen soundsystem

dr restart ant wrapsmiths (wath upon dearne band)

dog on a rope - were from Leeds, though Rob lead singer now lives in sheffield

elfin

longpigs - one of em joined joe strummer and mescaleros

wax lyrical

ju ju city

me

freezer

brained

cus cus

shell

drug free america

others you forgot

cosa nostra

exit

the grind

dollar babies

ah cheers stu for the extra info :)

i dont think ive ever seen slopdosh in wath tbh .........most of the bands ive listed are in my gig book - list of bands, dates, venues ive been to :) bad memory you see.

i still see moses around sheff when i get back to the motherland ......and marmite andy i email occasionly.......very occasionly.

ta for the info on truth dacay etc ........yes very incestious those bands / guys :P

not sure on what became of blind mole rat tbh, i think i was told once........but still forget :P

bendy monsters are still going, sort of ........in long term hibernation at the mo...........their websites still up however ........i have a couple of the guys email addys.......i went to school with 4 of em

well next time your back in sheffield if you come on a weekend most of the newer punks will be at the doven rainbow.... unless theres bands playing,

this sunday most of the bands are at the DnR live, which means quite a few old faces will be out n about....

otherwise come to the city invasion for a full on nostalgia fest, i'm sure froggy and pat can chuck you around a bit to make it feel like the old days...

i'll dig some old photo's i've got of chaos uk at the hallamshire cos i know your in a couple....

Originally posted by analogkid

Mel sent you a PM

recieved :)

ta stu :)

ill have to go through all my old demo tapes and see which i still have ...........bet stus got thousands tho :P

i haven't actually, i've obviously got all the Truth Decay ones, the Slopdosh one, i think i've got a couple more knocking around but that's it, i'll have a word with Jake and Rich see if they have any....

Originally posted by no_rules

i haven't actually, i've obviously got all the Truth Decay ones, the Slopdosh one, i think i've got a couple more knocking around but that's it, i'll have a word with Jake and Rich see if they have any....

i have one truth decay one, one slopdosh one and various others.......ggf, human perogrative, most of the muzzle clubs / bendy monsters, think i have a dog soldier one, bastion

What about:

Chunk

Trolley Dog Shag

Kiss Me Deadly

Personality Crisis

Bride Wore Black

Hole In The Wall Gang

Absolute

oh yeah, i remember trolley dog shag and hole in the wall gang :)

how about dumpys rusty nuts too for an older one, always used to see their posters on walls everywhere

Originally posted by melthebell

how about dumpys rusty nuts too for an older one, always used to see their posters on walls everywhere

I only saw them the once at the Uni - can't remember who they supported, just that it was really loud!

just been and had a nosy round the batfink site :P

interesting, im not a goth but do listen to abit here and there.

see some whitby pics too :) ...........i live just outside whitby