Sheffield Forum

Searchlight.. Criminals?

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-05-2006, 20:01   #21
fox20thc
Forum Hostage
fox20thc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: I'm outta here
Total Posts: 14,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabag
Squels in the back garden ...do you mean squirrels ibmibm?

Have the BNP have an official policy on squirrels......I know...repatriate the red back to North America.....they come over here...take our nuts....beat up our squirrels.......always hibernating.......
ROFLMAO Oh teabag you are a card
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2006, 20:08   #22
taxman
Registered User
taxman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Walkley
Total Posts: 20,353
Send a message via MSN to taxman
Quote:
Originally Posted by angle20
There's something rather sinister and undemocratic, however, about an organisation which doesn't put up candidates itself but devotes itself to attacking people who do submit themselves to the democratic process.
As well as pointing out their criminal records and racist histories. Whats sinister and undemocratic about that?

Oops better be careful, don't want our chums to report me to "Redwatch".
_______
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2006, 20:11   #23
Teabag
Registered User
Teabag's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman
As well as pointing out their criminal records and racist histories. Whats sinister and undemocratic about that?

Oops better be careful, don't want our chums to report me to "Redwatch".
See everyone...the red squirrels first and then who knows what cuddly indigeneous furry animal is next....

I think I am overegging the pudding now
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2006, 20:13   #24
max
Leftie epeeist
max's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Stannington
Total Posts: 11,247
First they came for our squirrels and no-one spoke out, then they came for our pigeons and no-one spoke out ........
_______
UK debt now £1,920 billion. It was £700 billion in 2010. Tories, who lied they were paying it down, close to TRIPLING it. Safe with economy?
- Jan 2017
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2006, 21:41   #25
Bartfarst
Registered User
Bartfarst's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Hallam. Nice area, nice neighbours.
Total Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabag
Squels in the back garden ...do you mean squirrels ibmibm?

Have the BNP have an official policy on squirrels......I know...repatriate the red back to North America.....they come over here...take our nuts....beat up our squirrels.......always hibernating.......
If you can see the logic for ousting those nasty grey squirrel vermin, why can't you see the translation to other 'species'?
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2006, 22:03   #26
purdyamos
Prickly Goo
purdyamos's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: The Oort Cloud
Total Posts: 7,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfarst
If you can see the logic for ousting those nasty grey squirrel vermin, why can't you see the translation to other 'species'?

So who or what, precisely, would you define as a different species?
_______
KEEP AN OPEN MIND, BUT DON'T LET YOUR BRAIN FALL OUT.
People stand in their own shadow and wonder why it's dark.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 01:05   #27
Teabag
Registered User
Teabag's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfarst
If you can see the logic for ousting those nasty grey squirrel vermin, why can't you see the translation to other 'species'?
Only to trolls amigo, only to trolls

Last edited by Teabag; 03-05-2006 at 01:27.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 02:07   #28
A.B.Yaffle
Registered User
A.B.Yaffle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere!
Total Posts: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
First they came for our squirrels and no-one spoke out, then they came for our pigeons and no-one spoke out ........
At least we know they like Polecats.

Last edited by A.B.Yaffle; 03-05-2006 at 02:44.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 02:30   #29
cloudybay
Registered User
cloudybay's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Total Posts: 4,937
Who mentioned nasty grey Trolls?
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 07:14   #30
Tony
Registered User
Tony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Gone
Total Posts: 22,415
Send a message via MSN to Tony
Bartfarst - quit trolling!
_______
It's the devil's advocaat innit
Otherwise, occasionally gone.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 10:01   #31
Phanerothyme
Psychenaut
Phanerothyme's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: The Here And Now
Total Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabag
Squels in the back garden ...do you mean squirrels ibmibm?

Have the BNP have an official policy on squirrels......I know...repatriate the red back to North America.....they come over here...take our nuts....beat up our squirrels.......always hibernating.......
Er the Red Squirrels aren't the invaders you know. British Squirrels have always been here and have always been as red as Mao's little book.

It's the nasty, brutish greys that were introduced here from the USA a little over a hundred years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youwhatref
The easiest thing for any party is discrediting those who are in power. The hardest part of the job comes when they are in power which is a shame as they often dont sell their own agenda (or keep it hidden)
I think you are right. Witness the BNP's campaigning attempts to discredit the incumbent labour government.

However, I don't think the right to try and discredit other parties should be curtailed as you suggest.

An interesting method of campaigning in the USA that is coming over here is the concept of 'push polling'

An 'independent market research company' compiles a telephone poll with questions like:

"Would you be more or less likely to vote BNP if you knew that Nick Griffin was a transsexual stripper in his spare time?"

"Would you still vote labour if they introduced compulsory infanticide?"

"Would you be more or less likely to vote Tory if you knew that David Cameron favoured lowering the age of consent for gay sex to 14?"
_______
SWYgeW91IGNvdWxkIGhlYXIsIGF0IGV2ZXJ5IGpvbHQsIHRoZS BibG9vZA0KQ29tZSBnYXJnbGluZyBmcm9tIHRoZSBmcm90aC1j b3JydXB0ZWQgbHVuZ3MsDQpPYnNjZW5lIGFzIGNhbmNlciwgYm l0dGVyIGFzIHRoZSBjdWQNCk9mIHZpbGUsIGluY3VyYWJsZSBz b3JlcyBvbiBpbm5vY2VudCB0b25ndWVzLOKAlA==
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 10:42   #32
AtticusFinch
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Total Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by angle20
There's something rather sinister and undemocratic, however, about an organisation which doesn't put up candidates itself but devotes itself to attacking people who do submit themselves to the democratic process.
There's something sinister and undemocratic about the BNP. Other parties don't have an equivalent of RedWatch, where if you criticise the BNP, someone will come in the dead of night and firebomb your car.

_______
"I'm afraid of bears. I think that owls are a waste of time." - Stephen Colbert
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 10:49   #33
timo
Registered User
timo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Wrong side of the Pennines
Total Posts: 3,055
Searchlight are a self-righteous and paranoid bunch of prigs and crashing bores. The writers of International Searchlight frequently demonise and pathologise the beliefs and behaviour of others but like to draw a veil over the conviction for burglary of Gerry Gable. In recent times they have pointed a suspicious finger at the 'Save the Pound' campaign. Why? Because they see few non-white, non-middle aged , non- middle class visages amongst the protesters. That hardly makes the campaigners some sort of neo-nazi umbrella group on par with The League of Saint George.

Having said that, I can think of no good reason why Searchlight should not telephone people to express political views. As wise Max says previously, members of the clergy have publicly urged people not to vote for certain parties. Why not the tedious mob at Searchlight? In theory, up to a point, we live within a democratic, 'free' country. I receive unsolicited communication from all manner of sources, ranging from emails about enhancing sexual performance to telephone 'cold callers' who request my views upon Guinness. That is the unfortunate way of the world these days. One does not have to engage with such people. In the case of Searchlight, my response would be 'For Cough' or something very much like it. On second thoughts, perhaps the kindest and wisest thing to do is to laugh at them. Searchlight are clearly rattled by the great possibility that the BNP will make the kind of gains in the forthcoming council elections which I predicted on the forum political threads this time last year. Searchlight and other militantly anti-racist organisations have played a part in the further rise of the BNP. Where, one asks, in the pages of International Searchlight and similar organs, is there a shred of sympathy for the plight of the indigenous British and Northern European peoples in the midst of massive, unregulated immigration and enforced 'multiculturalism'? Where is the acknowledgement that large-scale movements of foreign peoples can cause cultural, ethnic and social problems? Has anyone ever read a single word of praise for the tolerance of the majority of the indigenous majority in Britain, especially the white working classes in such publications? The answer to all these questions is in the negative. The message that Searchlight peddles is simple; we are now a multicultural society and anyone who dares to question the 'religion' of multiculturalism is by definition a heretic. Anyone who dissents from the left/liberal vision of British society is a 'racist'. The phrase, 'Reap what you sow' springs to mind.

I am neither a BNP supporter nor voter, and am abstaining from voting this time around. Despite being a card-carrying Tory, I cannot bear to vote for Cameron's New Labour-lite rubbish. Come back the late Auberon Waugh's 'Dog Lover's Party of Great Britain' .
_______
' A Wandering Minstrel I'

Last edited by timo; 03-05-2006 at 10:59.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 11:00   #34
Bartfarst
Registered User
Bartfarst's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Hallam. Nice area, nice neighbours.
Total Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
Bartfarst - quit trolling!
Tony, you know I'm not trolling.

If we can accept the need to protect our indigenous small mammal species from the wholly negative effect that the imported greys bring, why should people get so worked up if some of us would like to see that principle extended to our own society?

I don’t hear anybody out there crying ‘save the grey squirrel, they add culture and depth to squirrel society’, or that squirrel multiculturalism is the way ahead. Red squirrels should be here, greys shouldn’t, no argument. Whether it sets off a flashing PC-Alert lamp on the Forum or not, there are plenty of people who see the same situation paralleled in human society.

We have a little under 8% ethnic population in the UK now. In London it’s out of control, nearly 40% now. I used to go to London regularly but I now avoid it because it’s such a toilet, and the litter and filth that we see in the capital are the result of the ‘cultural richness’ that we have down there.

That 8% mix is close to 20% in primary schools because many of the minorities do not practice family planning, and cities like Leicester, Birmingham and Bradford are set to become white minorities in the next few years.

Believe it or not, that’s not what the average UK voter and taxpayer wants this country to turn into, and if I express concerns about it I would hope that even the most lefty PC-mad do-gooder can see that I’m not trolling, I’m expressing a deep concern.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 11:05   #35
Disco_Cat
Registered User
Disco_Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: The Death Ska
Total Posts: 1,186
Timo of friend I can tell from your post that you have not had the pleasure of reading the Sheffield addition the Searchlight newspaper.

You will of course be disappointed to learn that it doesn't conclude the ills of society are accredited to the shape of people's heads but it does have much more then "a shred of sympathy for the plight of the indigenous British and Northern European peoples".

I can post a copy or two to the Sheffield branch of the Monday club if that's the best place to reach you?
_______
unity
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 11:07   #36
nick2
Registered User
nick2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Heeley
Total Posts: 17,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfarst
We have a little under 8% ethnic population in the UK now. In London it’s out of control, nearly 40% now. I used to go to London regularly but I now avoid it because it’s such a toilet, and the litter and filth that we see in the capital are the result of the ‘cultural richness’ that we have down there.
London has always been scruffy and dirty, I don't think the residents ethnic background has anything to do with that.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 11:13   #37
KenH
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Total Posts: 4,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Cat
I can post a copy or two to the Sheffield branch of the Monday club if that's the best place to reach you?
Is it available online anywhere. I regularly read the BNP site and try to keep up to date with their real views by reading their posts on far right websites, but I haven't investigated the other side of the coin.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 11:21   #38
taxman
Registered User
taxman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Walkley
Total Posts: 20,353
Send a message via MSN to taxman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH
Is it available online anywhere. I regularly read the BNP site and try to keep up to date with their real views by reading their posts on far right websites, but I haven't investigated the other side of the coin.
Interestingly I used to write to far right fanzines under an asssumed name in order to gather information on them. I used to sign off with "Victory or Valhalla". Mind you it was a terrible burden having to include deliberate spelling mistakes all the time in order for them to believe I was as boneheaded and gormless as they were.
_______
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 11:22   #39
timo
Registered User
timo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Wrong side of the Pennines
Total Posts: 3,055
Disco,
If what you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt what you say, then a] why not post the link or some of the contents, and b] I would be fully prepared to withdraw my comments. You are one left-winger that I genuinely respect. Regarding my experience of Searchlight and other similar organs, I reiterate that until now I have never encountered any genuine sympathy on their behalf towards the indigenous majority. Usually it is a case of 'You lot have to get used to things', or the wretched branding of dissenters as 'racists', which I refer to previously. Another, slightly less common, strategy towards the white working classes in particular is the patronising approach; 'Ah bless them, they are so poorly educated that they cannot see the joys of diversity' etc. Please supply a little more evidence on the thread, old fruit.

By the way, even if Sheffield had a [LOL] Monday Club I wouldn't join any more than you might join 'Drinkers of Cheap Plonk Against the Nazis'...

All the best,
Timo
_______
' A Wandering Minstrel I'
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 12:38   #40
Zoggi
Registered User
Zoggi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Total Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfarst
Tony, you know I'm not trolling.

If we can accept the need to protect our indigenous small mammal species from the wholly negative effect that the imported greys bring, why should people get so worked up if some of us would like to see that principle extended to our own society?

I donít hear anybody out there crying Ďsave the grey squirrel, they add culture and depth to squirrel societyí, or that squirrel multiculturalism is the way ahead. Red squirrels should be here, greys shouldnít, no argument. Whether it sets off a flashing PC-Alert lamp on the Forum or not, there are plenty of people who see the same situation paralleled in human society.

We have a little under 8% ethnic population in the UK now. In London itís out of control, nearly 40% now. I used to go to London regularly but I now avoid it because itís such a toilet, and the litter and filth that we see in the capital are the result of the Ďcultural richnessí that we have down there.

That 8% mix is close to 20% in primary schools because many of the minorities do not practice family planning, and cities like Leicester, Birmingham and Bradford are set to become white minorities in the next few years.

Believe it or not, thatís not what the average UK voter and taxpayer wants this country to turn into, and if I express concerns about it I would hope that even the most lefty PC-mad do-gooder can see that Iím not trolling, Iím expressing a deep concern.

This is so full of racist arse-vomit I don't know where to begin.....

Red and grey squirrels are 2 different species. People of different ethnic origin are not. We are all homo-sapiens. Red squirrels are an endangered species, which is threatened by the greys. How can you possibly say the same about white british people?

Doesn't the forum have a policy relating to racism?
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:12.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2014 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2017