Cat rehoming/cat fostering

My sister is due to give birth in a couple of weeks and she will be a single parent to two children under 1. She has neither the finances or the time to care for them as they should and I wondered if anyone fosters cats or anyone would like to take them on. They are around 2 years old, one is black and the other is black and white.

I have my own cat and three children so haven't got the room but if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

The shelters seem to have long waiting lists so they cannot help.

Thanks

As you say rescues are really full so you may struggle.

Have you asked places like Thornberry or Rain Rescue? Or maybe mention it in your local vets to see if they can be of any help.

Edited by ll49

The shelters seem to have long waiting lists so they cannot help.

mmmm ... i wonder why that is

Yes people getting pets and not having them for life, unlike me who has a 10yr old cat who is super loved and cared for and is going nowhere until her 9 lives are up!

I don't have experience of who to contact so just asking for some advice, little digs aren't helpful

Digs may not be helpful, but it's really hard to answer without them I'm afraid. The rescue fraternity is on its knees at the moment, pushed to the limits with more animals in need, fewer homes coming up and less money donated than anybody can remember, so my advice is that your sister tries to rehome her cats herself, in order that she sees how hard it is to rehome animals at the moment (and please make sure that she does home check, in order to reduce the chances of the cats ending up as dog fight bait).

I know that it's hard to keep cats whilst rearing small children, but it's not impossible, and it would no doubt be a much nicer life for the cats being around the babies but getting a bit less attention than ending up in a rescue centre where they may stay for months or being put to sleep because there are just too many cats to care for (which is what the RSPCA do when they run out of space).