P.D.S.A in trouble .

I was talking to a member of staff at the Sheffield P.D.S.A [People dispensary for sick animals] and was informed that the society has lost over 12 million pounds in donations over the last 12 months.

This means that the charity faces closure if that trend continues .

So come on Sheffielders start giving ,donating or leaving your estate to this wonderful charity as without it many animals will end up sick and uncared for or put down.

Maybe some of the multi millionaires in pop music ,royalty ,and other privileged positions will also donate a million or two [we can live in hope:rolleyes:.

I was talking to a member of staff at the Sheffield P.D.S.A [People dispensary for sick animals] and was informed that the society has lost over 12 million pounds in donations over the last 12 months.

This means that the charity faces closure if that trend continues .

So come on Sheffielders start giving ,donating or leaving your estate to this wonderful charity as without it many animals will end up sick and uncared for or put down.

Maybe some of the multi millionaires in pop music ,royalty ,and other privileged positions will also donate a million or two [we can live in hope:rolleyes:.

Problem with the PDSA is it's being abused it's full of council estate chavs with their staffy's

They don't work a day in their lives and then expect someone else to pay when their dog falls ill as well.

Problem with the PDSA is it's being abused it's full of council estate chavs with their staffy's

They don't work a day in their lives and then expect someone else to pay when their dog falls ill as well.

It is the animals that people care about and not who owns them, or whatever back ground they may come from.

Because some one lives on a council estate does not mean that they are inferior to you or any one else for that matter .

---------- Post added 28-01-2016 at 17:43 ----------

I posted this in Sheffield discussions so as Sheffield people would be able to see just how desperate the situation is at the P.D.S.A.

Now that it has been moved to this section it is pretty pointless.

The P.D.S.A Should be appealing to press to help.

The P.D.S.A Should be appealing to press to help.

It seems as though people have stopped giving that is why I posted this on the Sheffield discussions thread as it would have reached more posters on the forum ., perhaps the mods will rethink and return it to that section.

As to the press they are more interested in immigration and its problems ,animal welfare is way down the list.

Maybe it's bad experiences there that has stopped contributors. But not all council estate tenants are chance of own staffies, which are lovely dogs. You have to jump through hoops to get treatment there. I took my dog in an emergency many years ago when vets only opened at set times. They turned me away and I had to hammer on vets doors up the road for help. I didn't expect free treatment I had money to pay. As happened a vet let me in and treated my dog free. He had dislocated his shoulder. Not every one is a freeloader

I think there's some scaremongering going on here. Their latest accounts show that donations etc were up £3.3m on the previous year (2015 accounts not yet posted).

They have unrestricted reserves (this is cash they hold but keep for a rainy day if all income stops. They say they need 48m but yet have £68m. I'd like my charity to be a few pounds behind them.

I have only ever had to use the PDSA once, I would only use them again if I was seriously urgently needing help, otherwise I use Peak Vets and pay full price like anyone else. The one time I had to use them, I donated £100 (The procedure was going to cost me £200) The woman at the reception desk asked 3 or 4 times if I was sure, I dont think anyone ever donates that kind of money to them.

I'm not sure why this has been moved either! Seems an important topic about a local charity that needs help..

Yes I live on a council estate yes I have a staff but chat I most definitely am not.

Yes I live on a council estate yes I have a staff but chat I most definitely am not.

We all like a good chat on here:hihi:

I have used the PDSA and was able and willing to pay the amount suggested.