Kennels / Home Boarding

I'm going away the first 2 weeks in September and will be needing someone to look after my 2 year old Westie.

Could anyone recommend me somewhere/give me prices if you can help?

I'm a bit overwhelmed as its the first time I'll be leaving her more than 1 night!

Our dog walker,Ali does home boarding at your house. We've used her for this and it's really stress free for the dogs because they're not going somewhere strange with someone they don't know! She is on here but happy to give you her details if house/dog sitting is something you'd consider.

We do have a situation coming up (our wedding!) where our house is going to be full, everyones going to be too busy to look after the dogs for us, so we are going to try Bed & Biscuits in S7. We're doing an overnight 'trial date' next month, a couple of days the month after, so that time there for the wedding won't be awful for them. Can't review yet as we've not tried, but we did go round to meet the lady who runs it and she seemed great, the house was lovely and she knew her stuff.

Personally I'm not keen on traditional kennels...one of ours has never ever been in them and the other was a rescue who was a mess when we took him out of the rescue kennels so we wouldn't even consider them. Each to their own though, some dogs do well in them.

Hope you sort something, I know what a stress it is trying to find something that works for you!

I did once use a kennel for a few days years ago and it was awful, I spent the whole break worrying, ended up getting an earlier ferry home and our poor dog hadn't eaten properly while she'd been there :(

So we'd use home boarding now for sure. We once used The Dog House (http://www.doghouse.net) for a week and we were happy with that, our dog was happy and relaxed and most importantly not thin (if she's at all unsettled she refuses to eat) when we picked her up.

I think it was somewhere around £20 a night and that includes food and a daily proper walk, and they can sleep on the sofas which is great if that's what your dog is used to.

I still bawled like a baby when we dropped her off (sad I know!), but we had a call the next day before we left for the holiday to reassure us she was settled and had eaten and slept ok, and I felt ok after that.

Hello love take a look at http://www.facebook.com/pamperedpetsrotherham

We're based in the quiet area of moorgate with acres of woodland just across the road. We take any friendly house trained dog and make them feel right at home.

They can get on the sofa, we have a doggy bedroom with a memory foam mattress and no areas are off limits. We're licensed and insured and our price is £18 per calander day x