Sign in to follow this  

Moving To Sheffield

Hello

I am a doctor by profession, i will be moving to Sheffield in Jan 2004. I plan to buy a house in sheffield. As i am a first time buyer, i have been told that properties dont move as fast in the south yorkshire region. As i would be living in sheffiled for possibly a couple of years and then move. i want to know good areas in sheffield . And where properties are easy to sell as well. I have a budget of about 180k .

I have been round a few new property developments in chesterfield, mansfield and rotherham and outbrige in sheffield. are these any good areas????

please advice

thank you

MB

Mohan

There are many posts that detail, good and bad areas, whats good and whats not, the prices etc.

Just spend some time reading these posts and you will get all the info you need. As for house not moving very fast, all houses sell at the right price and right area.

Sheffield is still rising and housing demand is still high. I know someone who sold a 3 Bed Detached last week in Totley and they had hoardes of people bidding up the price, it went £20k over original asking price.