Will Trump last his full presidential term ?

Will Trump last his full presidential term ?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump last his full presidential term ?

• Trump will not last his full term
    • Trump probably won`t last his full term
    • Trump will last his full term
    • Trump will last his full term and get re-elected

I admit I`m still amazed (and appalled, my opinion of America has plumbed new depths) that Trump has been voted President. Yes, I know he actually got less votes than Clinton, but even so. The question is, will he last his full term ? Without being impeached, or resigning, or being assassinated ? If he does, will he get re-elected ?

Added 20 Jan 17

I admit that what happens will to a large extent depend on if he actually does what he said he would in the campaign. I mean if he does so, he`s got less chance of completing his term. The other question should be will Trump break just as many promises as all the other politicians he says he so despises ?

Added 15 Feb 17

Well Trump hasn`t started too well has he !

Nearly 2 million sign a petition to have his UK State visit called off (not that his supporters will be much bothered about that, they`re only bothered about America).

His "Executive order" over immigration is overturned by the courts (after he sacks his chief legal officer for telling him and his staff the order isn`t legal, and it wasn`t ) !

His National Security adviser has to resign after being found out lying to the Vice President !

All in less than one month.

Surely this is the most dysfunctional US Presidency ever.

Edited by Justin Smith
Will he do what he promised.....

I'm not particularly a fan of Trump or Hillary and would have chosen Clinton as the better of the two.....but I am enjoying the schadenfreude in regard to the shock experienced by the metropolitan liberal elite on both sides of the Atlantic when Trump got elected.

Edited by Mossway
sp

I think the more appropriate question is what scandal will bring him down??

The mans got it written all over his smug face, it's going to be big and it's going to be interesting.

I'm not particularly a fan of Trump or Hillary and would have chosen Clinton as the better of the two.....but I am enjoying the scadenfreude in regard to the shock experienced by the metropolitan liberal elite on both sides of the Atlantic when Trump got elected.

I really don`t understand it when I read stuff like this. How are you defining "Liberal Metropolitan Elite" ? I`m shocked and dismayed at Trump`s election, albeit on a minority vote, and I`m not "Liberal Metropolitan Elite". But even if I was, you seem to be implying that nationalistic populist "dubious with the truth" appealing to the lowest of people`s instincts (those who don`t think too much that is), is in some way superior to the alternative. How so ?

I think that it`s interesting, at this early stage when only 6 people have voted, that 4 (that`s 66%) reckon he`ll last his full term and get re-elected. I`m amazed by that. Are those 66% Brexiteers who link the Trump and Brexit and don`t want to think anyone is negative about Trump ? Just out of interest, at work, all three of us don`t think Trump will last his full term.

Edited by Justin Smith

I really don`t understand it when I read stuff like this. How are you defining "Liberal Metropolitan Elite" ? I`m shocked and dismayed at Trump`s election, albeit on a minority vote, and I`m not "Liberal Metropolitan Elite". But even if I was, you seem to be implying that nationalistic populist "dubious with the truth" appealing to the lowest of people`s instincts (those who don`t think too much that is), is in some way superior to the alternative. How so ?
........you have just exposed what you really think about people who don't want to think like you.......Doh!

........you have just exposed what you really think about people who don't want to think like you.......Doh!

No, I`ve exposed what I think about Trump, and, by inference, people who voted for him. It`s not me who said that all those who weren`t Trump supporters were "Liberal Metropolitan Elites", and implying there was something negative about that.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 11:23 ----------

I think the more appropriate question is what scandal will bring him down??

The mans got it written all over his smug face, it's going to be big and it's going to be interesting.

The more worrying question is what damage is he going to do to the world in the meantime ? Particularly the world`s economy. Remember, the only thing he`s been consistent about is trade protectionism. The latter is likely to start a trade war, just, I have to point out, when we`re leaving the largest and most powerful free trade area in the world.

No, I`ve exposed what I think about Trump, and, by inference, people who voted for him. It`s not me who said that all those who weren`t Trump supporters were "Liberal Metropolitan Elites", and implying there was something negative about that.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 11:23 ----------

The more worrying question is what damage is he going to do to the world in the meantime ? Particularly the world`s economy. Remember, the only thing he`s been consistent about is trade protectionism. The latter is likely to start a trade war, just, I have to point out, when we`re leaving the largest and most powerful free trade area in the world.

He might make a balls up of his four years but getting chucked out midway is another thing altogether.

his chances of impeachment are pretty low, both houses are now republican afaik.

even though he's not liked by some republicans I cant see them impeaching him since they've got a lot of their men in top positions in the Whitehouse.

I admit I`m still amazed (and appalled, my opinion of America has plumbed new depths) that Trump has been voted President. Yes, I know he actually got less votes than Clinton, but even so. The question is, will he last his full term ? Without being impeached, or resigning, or being assassinated ? If he does, will he get re-elected ?

This post is a bit similar to the people who want us to remain in the EU, in so far as you are slating a decision made by a majority of people in a country,so your opinion is an opinion of the minority, so don,t insult the majority.

As dangerousedd says in post eight there should be no reason for him not to last his full term.

If people in the USA or here for that matter cannot take a democratically made decision they should leave and go to live in a dictatorship.

Edited by spilldig

This post is a bit similar to the people who want us to remain in the EU, in so far as you are slating a decision made by a majority of people in a country,so your opinion is an opinion of the minority, so don,t insult the majority.

As dangerousedd says in post eight there should be no reason for him not to last his full term.

If people in the USA or here for that matter cannot take a democratically made decision they should leave and go to live in a dictatorship.

Well said.

I wonder how many of those celebrities, who said they would leave America, if Trump wins, will leave America ?

Didnt Clinton get 2 million more votes than Trump, or was that fake news?

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Democracy eh..... ??