Ibrahimovic to Man Utd..220k a week?

Man Utd have agreed personal terms with Ibrahimovic thought to be worth £220k a week. That's £11,440,000 a year to a 34 year old. Not withstanding whatever massive kickback his agent will receive.

Well worth the money (couldn't be worse than the cash they laid out on Di Maria and Falcao) to get a top striker for possibly his last season, or a desperate headline grabbing punt on a 34 year old?

Man Utd have agreed personal terms with Ibrahimovic thought to be worth £220k a week. That's £11,440,000 a year to a 34 year old. Not withstanding whatever massive kickback his agent will receive.

Well worth the money (couldn't be worse than the cash they laid out on Di Maria and Falcao) to get a top striker for possibly his last season, or a desperate headline grabbing punt on a 34 year old?

The latter. You'd have thought they'd learnt there lesson with schweinsteiger who has been a passenger. He will bring a bit of swagger which is good, and anyone who does a flying elbow in to John Terry's face in friendly deserves a pat on the back. Will he bring 20 goals a season? No.

He will probably find it harder to score in the Premiership than the French mickey mouse league that he has played in the last few years.

He is still one of the best 5 players in the world - certainly in his position anyway.

Unbelievable amount of physical strength.

Can hit a ball harder than Roberto Carlos.

Awesome skill and still very quick for topspeed.

Not going to cover must distance in 90 minutes though.

A bit of a luxury defensive wise.

Man U would have been better going for Vardy, and have some change left over to get Mahrez. Both know how to score in the premier league, 24 for Vardy this season, I think 19 for Mahrez ! What a duo.

There are also some 3-5 goal scorers in the mid table teams of the Prem. league that they should look at first before Ibro.

I've had the 'pleasure' of seeing him play in the Netherlands for Ajax. I say 'pleasure' because he singlehandedly destroyed my FC Groningen.

You could already see he was special then, I found some footage of the game I went to here. Scored 2, involved in the third. Sneijder scored the first. Back when Dutch football was still pretty good.

Zlatan never was about speed or agility, it is his presence and sheer skill that makes him stand out from the crowd. Not something you lose over time, I can see him being very useful for Man U.

I've had the 'pleasure' of seeing him play in the Netherlands for Ajax. I say 'pleasure' because he singlehandedly destroyed my FC Groningen.

You could already see he was special then, I found some footage of the game I went to here. Scored 2, involved in the third. Sneijder scored the first. Back when Dutch football was still pretty good.

Zlatan never was about speed or agility, it is his presence and sheer skill that makes him stand out from the crowd. Not something you lose over time, I can see him being very useful for Man U.

I still remember his 4 goal destruction against england including the overhead kick from about 40 yards out. Class.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 17:04 ----------

Man U would have been better going for Vardy, and have some change left over to get Mahrez. Both know how to score in the premier league, 24 for Vardy this season, I think 19 for Mahrez ! What a duo.

There are also some 3-5 goal scorers in the mid table teams of the Prem. league that they should look at first before Ibro.

Vardy is nearly 30 though. Limited shelf life and relies on pace.

Vardy is also fairly limited in my opinion. Great season but won't be repeated.

I think he has 2 or 3 more years in the prem, at the top end, then he could follow Becks and Co, and head off to the USA for a couple of years. I would personally like to see him stay at Leicester and help them to stay in the top 4 for a few years.

I still remember his 4 goal destruction against england including the overhead kick from about 40 yards out. Class.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 17:04 ----------

Vardy is nearly 30 though. Limited shelf life and relies on pace.

If Vardy does go to the Gunners, I can only think of three other 'South' Yorkshiremen that played for them ; Alan Sunderland, Graham Rix and David Seaman.

Edited by stpetre
Add

I think he has 2 or 3 more years in the prem, at the top end, then he could follow Becks and Co, and head off to the USA for a couple of years. I would personally like to see him stay at Leicester and help them to stay in the top 4 for a few years.

Think he should stay at Leicester. Has a nice contract, first team position & champs league footy.

Zlatan signs

He may do well bagging a hat-trick or two against some poor team but I can't see him hacking it against a top six side.