Thoughts and feelings on the antichrist prophecy.

What are your thoughts on this ancient prophecy? Do you believe at all?

If so, is the antichrist coming, or do you believe it's already arrived? Are you interested, curious, indifferent, fearful, what are your feelings on it?

Do you believe it to be a religious sect such as a radical Islamic group or perhaps the polar opposite- consumerism itself? Or perhaps an elite network of families bent on global domination? What are your thoughts, ideas and general feelings?

What are your thoughts on this ancient prophecy?

It's going to happen

Prepare thyself! :partyhat:

What are your thoughts on this ancient prophecy? Do you believe at all?

If so, is the antichrist coming, or do you believe it's already arrived? Are you interested, curious, indifferent, fearful, what are your feelings on it?

Do you believe it to be a religious sect such as a radical Islamic group or perhaps the polar opposite- consumerism itself? Or perhaps an elite network of families bent on global domination? What are your thoughts, ideas and general feelings?

I thought it was already here and called david cameron?

Mumbo jumbo.

It's been some time since I read the book of revelations but it's nothing other than a circle jerk for when Christianity wins and defeats Satan.

Not forgetting it was something written by that "doom and gloom" writer John I suppose it also depends on if you believe in Christianity.

If you don't believe in it then there is nothing to fear.

I think there is something to fear if assorted religious loons, Isis for example, try to engineer some sort of apocalypse. If that does happen, it will just mean an almighty mess for humanity to somehow deal with. Hopefully the absence of any divine intervention will finally lead to the abandonment of this nonsense.

Not forgetting it was something written by that "doom and gloom" writer John I suppose it also depends on if you believe in Christianity.

If you don't believe in it then there is nothing to fear.

But from an objective, none theist point of view, is belief and a faith even required to feel fearful of those who firmly believe that their purpose, their destiny is to be become the physical embodiment this so called antichrist?

But from an objective, none theist point of view, is belief and a faith even required to feel fearful of those who firmly believe that their purpose, their destiny is to be become the physical embodiment this so called antichrist?

I am a believer, sort of. I believe in some kind of supreme, guiding being/energy which some call God, and I believe Jesus was a real person and a great teacher with some inspired advice, I also believe he was 'the Son of God' in as much as we are all the children of God. Beyond that I'm not sure. But I don't believe in an antichrist as such.

However there's no doubt there are some very evil, very powerful, and very dangerous people about, probably psychopaths. They are the ones to watch out for.

I also believe the Earth will survive and thrive. Whether people will survive with it is open to debate. Just do the best you can to make it a better place while you're here. You can do no more than that.

Edited by Anna B

I think there is something to fear if assorted religious loons, Isis for example, try to engineer some sort of apocalypse. If that does happen, it will just mean an almighty mess for humanity to somehow deal with. Hopefully the absence of any divine intervention will finally lead to the abandonment of this nonsense.

Personally, I doubt that Isis are capable of engineering an opocalypse, unless you mean it in a literal sense as in the unveiling of hidden truths?

I simply reject the notion of 'prophecy'. Whomsoever is making the prophecy, and whatever its about.

No-one has every prophesied anything. Predicted, maybe, but that's different. Prophecy is bull****.

I simply reject the notion of 'prophecy'. Whomsoever is making the prophecy, and whatever its about.

No-one has every prophesied anything. Predicted, maybe, but that's different. Prophecy is bull****.

Prophecy/prediction, one in the same aren't they?