PC gone mad. 2 Labour MPs complain about Washington Redskins name.

Are these guys for real? Is that what we pay our politicians to get involved in?

http://news.sky.com/story/1649104/uk-politicians-want-to-stop-redskins-london-game

UK Politicians Want To Stop Washington Redskins' London Game

Two Labour Party MPs object to a perceived "racial slur" in the team's name ahead of a game at Wembley Stadium in October.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Utter nonsense . The American football games played at Wembley are a boost to the local economy .

Yes they are a real Labour MP's . :help::help:

:suspect:

Seems like an easy way for two 'unknowns' to get their names in the papers and to claim the moral high ground without actually doing anything (other than writing a letter) to me... :roll:

Utter nonsense . The American football games played at Wembley are a boost to the local economy .

Yes they are a real Labour MP's . :help::help:

Just imagine the fake outrage if the Cleveland Browns, or The Fighting Irish were coming too.

---------- Post added 26-02-2016 at 16:29 ----------

:suspect:

Seems like an easy way for two 'unknowns' to get their names in the papers and to claim the moral high ground without actually doing anything (other than writing a letter) to me... :roll:

I agree there must be many of their constituents who didn't know their MP was a dick.

Are these guys for real? Is that what we pay our politicians to get involved in? ...

They could have written the letter in their own time, though, and as "concerned" members of the public, not as MPs, so no public money was involved at all. They're entitled to have interests and opinions outside of Parliament.

However, I'm not giving up my redskin peanuts anytime soon.

I see this as an important step in safeguarding Britain's Native American community. It will send a message that whilst their numbers may be small they have not been forgotten.

Are these guys for real? Is that what we pay our politicians to get involved in?

http://news.sky.com/story/1649104/uk-politicians-want-to-stop-redskins-london-game

UK Politicians Want To Stop Washington Redskins' London Game

Two Labour Party MPs object to a perceived "racial slur" in the team's name ahead of a game at Wembley Stadium in October.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

This is nothing new only that it now been said by 2 Labour MP's so its now headline worthy and its not PC gone mad.

Perhaps you should read just how racist the man who invented the Redskins name was, the same man who also stipulated this in his will:

"the Redskins Foundation that was to be created with most of his estate not direct a single dollar toward “any purpose which supports or employs the principle of racial integration in any form.”

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2011/11/10/racist-redskins/

American Indian activists and others have also been asking Washington Redskins to ditch their nickname, calling it a racist slur and an insult to Indians.

Edited by apelike

This is nothing new only that it now been said by 2 Labour MP's so its now headline worthy and its not PC gone mad.

Perhaps you should read just how racist the man who invented the Redskins name was, the same man who also stipulated this in his will:

"the Redskins Foundation that was to be created with most of his estate not direct a single dollar toward “any purpose which supports or employs the principle of racial integration in any form.”

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2011/11/10/racist-redskins/

American Indian activists and others have also been asking Washington Redskins to ditch their nickname, calling it a racist slur and an insult to Indians.

As you say , this is not a new story . From my understanding the name was originally used to honour native Indians and native Indians were members of the team . Most people in America don't want a name change and it certainly has nothing to do with any British MP's . Similarly it was nothing to do with British MP's when Donald Trump made his Muslim comments .

As you say , this is not a new story . From my understanding the name was originally used to honour native Indians and native Indians were members of the team . Most people in America don't want a name change and it certainly has nothing to do with any British MP's . Similarly it was nothing to do with British MP's when Donald Trump made his Muslim comments .

Most people in America are not Native American Indians though and its the latter that want it changed.

BTW and just out of interest.. Does your software or device always automatically put a space before and after punctuation?

Edited by apelike

I suspect that if it was a European team with the same name, Foxylady would be using it as a reason to leave Europe.

Edited by A.B.Yaffle

all started with Tony Blair and now it as got out of hand.