Is there a demand for a snow blowing service in sheffield

with the climate changing and more snow storms predicted annually, does any one think there is a demand for a snow blowing service in sheffield,household paths,commercial premises? i have seen theses machines in action and they can remove large amounts of snow pretty quickly.Do you think people will pay for this service or will people still use the tried and tested backbreaking shovelling method.

all views welcome.

I doubt it.

I've seen the machines in use on the continent regularly, I was thinking about them just last night actually.

We simply don't have enough volume or frequency of snow to make them useful though.

Do you know much the machine would cost to buy, the cost to run and insure? How much would you use it per year and ow much would you need to charge people?

You might get a better idea of viability once you have these answers.

what happened to getting out there and clearing your own snow !! like in the past , My mum used to make me and my friends clear the drive, pavement and the road outside where we lived!

I was talking to someone in New York who has a snow blower. He mentioned it was 12hp, covered a width of 30" and can blow it 75 foot!

I'd love a go with one of them. They have smaller ones in costco for around £400, I doubt they have heated hand grips though :)

You could ask for a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY considering price.

what happened to getting out there and clearing your own snow !! like in the past , My mum used to make me and my friends clear the drive, pavement and the road outside where we lived!

Exactly. When we get snow up in Bradway, all the neighbourhood gets out and helps to dig the road out as we all have a vested interest in getting to work.

That wouldn't work we we live. The houses are spread out and my drive is as long as most cul-de-sacs I have lived on. It takes me and hubby a full day to dig out of our drive. A couple of years ago we spent a full day digging out only to have to do it again the following day. :mad:

In some areas there are a lot of oldies. Mother and father in law are too old to dig and they have a lot of old neighbours the same age.

Loving the snow...the landscape it creates plus it keeps the Oldies in. PERFECT for excuses not to turn up to work also. As many students have found out, who have turned up to lectures only to find their tutors were unable to attend.....