SEO Optimisation advice for keywords

Hello,

I currently run my own website using WIX site builder which i pay for, i'm wanting to appear more in keyword searches like chesterfield or sheffield garden maintenance, sheffield or chesterfield landscaping to .

Is it true 5% of the wording on my website should have these keywords in ?

my websites: http://www.hedgeabovetherest.co.uk

Any advice would be great

Keyword density is not an important factor in ranking websites. It used to be pre-penguin days, way back. Algos are much more sophisticated now.

Keyword stuffing can actually hurt your site.

So what advice could you give me to appear in local keyword searches obviously my page is more plug and play hard to add meta tags to

Keyword density is not an important factor in ranking websites. It used to be pre-penguin days, way back. Algos are much more sophisticated now.

Keyword stuffing can actually hurt your site.

Yep, I agree with this.

Just a small thing I noticed though...

... you might want to get someone to proof read your website.

Your copyright notice is '2023 by Landsacpe Gardner'. :) (just trying to help)

Yep, I agree with this.

Just a small thing I noticed though...

... you might want to get someone to proof read your website.

Your copyright notice is '2023 by Landsacpe Gardner'. :) (just trying to help)

I normally get the girlfriend to proof read it I'm terrible at spelling and grammar.

Any advice would be great

Buy 'SEO for Dummies' it will teach you all you need to know (best £25 you'll spend!).

So what advice could you give me to appear in local keyword searches obviously my page is more plug and play hard to add meta tags to

No offense but work it out! Or pay.

---------- Post added 19-01-2015 at 21:18 ----------

Buy 'SEO for Dummies' it will teach you all you need to know (best £25 you'll spend!).

Im better at seo than the people who wrote that.

The site doesn't quite work for me. It looks amateur. There are some excellent templates out there. I think there is too much content spread over too many pages. Get the 17 down to 10 and sharpen-up the content while you are at it. You need a couple of landing pages that will turn up in searches and pull people in to your site. Are your gallery pictures labelled so they will turn-up in image searches? I just see long numbers as file names. Can you install Analytics on Wix or do you have to pay for their version? Analytics will provide invaluable information on who is visiting and what they are doing there.

http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

Have a good read through this which will help you plan what you need to do next and realise the good things you have already done.

You site is a good start but does need focusing which has been mentioned already, I also think you header is way too big as you have to keep scrolling to find any content. When using WIX it's all about how you can get the best out of the supplied template & features so don't worry about experimenting and seeing what works the best.

Make sure you are publishing regular content on your blog which contains some of the words which you are looking to rank for. Have you set your self up correctly on MyBusiness by Google?

No offense but work it out! Or pay.

---------- Post added 19-01-2015 at 21:18 ----------

Im better at seo than the people who wrote that.

Write a book about it then...probably make more money than being a 'jobbing' SEO 'expert' :hihi:

Write a book about it then...probably make more money than being a 'jobbing' SEO 'expert' :hihi:

Head of seo for a multi million pound turnover company. Billed over a million in one year. Campaigns created over 16 million in sales in one year alone. Worked over 150+ sites totalling £500 mil+ in revenue.

Not that bad considering my 'jobbing' status!

You need to put an address on your website. What are you trying to hide?

The tab saying carriers certificate should actually say licence. It looks a bit 'odd' as you have put something on there which isn't actually the paper copy of the licence. Your licence isn't showing as live on the public register, I have just checked various spellings. It may show up if I searched on your postcode as this is a more fool proof way of checking. If your address was on there I could check.