IT Repairs - Remote or On-site

Hi all,

I am beginning to offer the above as a secondary service to my usual job, IT Engineer. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how best to advertise my services without coming across as a opportunist or scammer (think: Microsoft phone calls, or online ads that people immediately close.)

Having many years experience working for other companies, enterprise and commercial I have gained understanding of how they work, but starting on your own can be daunting. I am just hoping for some pointers. I know word of mouth is a big thing, but can be hard when just getting started. :help:

Kind regards,

Steve

I've found most of my business from business networking meetings. Happy to give you details if you'd like to give it a try

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping more to look towards home users, out of hours and weekend repairs. Obviously working from an office through the week limits my abilities to fulfill a lot of the day time, larger corporate requests which a networking event may generate.

If my worries are unfounded and you think I still may be able to source some opportunities from that then please do send some details as I would be very interested to attend a meeting.

Many thanks.

There are some evening events although I don't go to any. I think the Lions Den run some in Sheffield. Their LinkedIn group is https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2607414&trk=vsrp_groups_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A609087721421428281125%2CVSRPtargetId%3A2607414%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

Most networkers are small business owners who are also homeowners with IT requirements for both. Don't hard sell though - just build relationships

I wouldn't dare hard sell, it isn't in my nature to do so. haha.

I appreciate the pointers! I hope you have a nice weekend.