Oil leak on my vauxhall corsa

It started leaking on monday and not just a slow drip but a long trail appeared on the pavement after parking on the drive indicating a big leak. I went out yesterday and the oil light was flashing away and the engine was getting louder so I have booked it into the garage for a check. I haven't had much luck with this car since buying it in September, the car is only 6 years old and I have had numerous things happen such as wheel trims pinched, wing mirror knocked off, window smashed, two punctures to name but a few. Does anyone know what I can expect to have to fork out to fix this problem now, im fed up!!!:(

Are you topping the oil up?

Is the oil coming from the top or bottom of the engine?

If it's the bottom, then it could be the sump plug (may have vibrated loose/snapped).

If the oil light is on, you're damaging the engine by continuing to drive it(probably VERY seriously by the sounds of things). So it'll cost you a new car if you continue!

If it really is leaking a lot, then before every time you drive it you MUST check the level level and top it up. Then get it to a garage ASAP.

I can't be much more help than that as there are literally a hundreds of potential reasons why you could be losing oil - some will cost nothing to fix and some will cost you thousands. You obviously don't have any mechanical knowledge (no offence, just stating the facts) so I won't start suggesting things to check.... like if your sump plug is still there(!).... for example - as they won't mean anything and I doubt you want ot go climbing about on the floor under the car?

Best of luck getting it sorted - but really, DON'T drive it with low/no oil - it's the single most important thing to your car and your engine WILL seize up and destroy itself if it doesn't get enough. HTH. :|

Im not driving it now cos I know I will cause more damage, I will top up the oil before taking it to the garage this friday, garage only up the road, I dont know where the leak is coming from, I know nothing about cars being a woman (lol) but I know I must not drive it with this problem or I could make it worse.

Im not driving it now cos I know I will cause more damage, I will top up the oil before taking it to the garage this friday, garage only up the road, I dont know where the leak is coming from, I know nothing about cars being a woman (lol) but I know I must not drive it with this problem or I could make it worse.

Sensible girl :thumbsup:

Like I say, it could be any one of dozens and dozens of things.

If you couuld get under it easily then you might be able to spot where it is coming from and then you/we might be able to work out what the problem was was and then you might be able to do something about it without going to a garage.

...there are a lot of unlikely links there!

Sod that, just avoid doing any (more) damage to it and go to a reputable garage asap instead! :)

It started leaking on monday and not just a slow drip but a long trail appeared on the pavement after parking on the drive indicating a big leak. I went out yesterday and the oil light was flashing away and the engine was getting louder so I have booked it into the garage for a check. I haven't had much luck with this car since buying it in September, the car is only 6 years old and I have had numerous things happen such as wheel trims pinched, wing mirror knocked off, window smashed, two punctures to name but a few. Does anyone know what I can expect to have to fork out to fix this problem now, im fed up!!!:(

its part of the spec for a corsa:confused:

I I went out yesterday and the oil light was flashing away and the engine was getting louder (
That made me suck air through my teeth and I'm not even a mechanic.

Well I've taken it to the garage and just found out whats causing the problem, its the oil pressure switch which was leaking, gonna cost £31 quid which isnt too bad, just hope nothing else goes wrong now (touch wood).

Lets hope you didn’t cause any long-term damage when the oil light was flashing you should have stopped straight away.

The problems of vandalism and punctures could happen to any car, my son had a Corsa and my wife is on to her second Corsa, I don’t think you will go far wrong with Vauxhall.