The coolest thing I've seen in a long time. 'LEGO' Tape!

I know 2 of my adult sons are interested in this !

Its not strictly, as Lego is a brand name, and the 'tape' isnt made by them...

:huh:

Hmmm...

... OK, I'll be the first to say it then... I don't get it!

It's supposed selling point is that it lets you build Lego anywhere, by creating a base that you can stick to walls and ceilings (like I'm sure every Lego enthusiast has always wanted to do).

But I think I've spotted an obvious flaw here with this piece of design nonsense.

Assuming it does work as described (and it's not just another way of separating the gullible from their hard-earned) then how strong must the glue be on the tape to be able to withstand the forces of gravity exerted by a substantial Lego model?

And if it is up to the job, then I think the 'inventors' would make a fair few bob more by marketing the 'glue' rather than this silly gimmick. :roll:

Hmmm...

It's supposed selling point is that it lets you build Lego anywhere, by creating a base that you can stick to walls and ceilings (like I'm sure every Lego enthusiast has always wanted to do).

But I think I've spotted an obvious flaw here with this piece of design nonsense.

Assuming it does work as described (and it's not just another way of separating the gullible from their hard-earned) then how strong must the glue be on the tape to be able to withstand the forces of gravity exerted by a substantial Lego model?

And if it is up to the job, then I think the 'inventors' would make a fair few bob more by marketing the 'glue' rather than this silly gimmick. :roll:

I'm by no means a major Lego enthusiast but I think it could look really good on a wall. In a pretty pattern. :)

Hmmm...

There's already removable / reusable glue strips/tabs/hooks etc that (I would guess) use a similar substance...

I'm by no means a major Lego enthusiast but I think it could look really good on a wall. In a pretty pattern. :)
Or, for the enthusiast with time, on a ceiling :)

I'd email GCHQ with that info :rolleyes:

I wonder if it would look good on a wall in a pub?:huh:

---------- Post added 26-03-2017 at 06:50 ----------

I'm sure that it lost it's copyright a few years back, as it expired.