The slump in disposable income of young people

I think that article entirely misses the point.

Obviously nobody believes that all boomers were highly educated, highly paid and lived in a land of milk and honey. It's about averages. The fact that some boomers were still poor doesn't alter the fact that that generation had it better than the latest one ON AVERAGE.

and yet I see more and more young people with iphones, 3 year old cars, designer specs, branded clothing .... all of which we never had.

An example. My bro's friend's son decided to move in with his girl. Dad managed to acquire a TV for son. It was nearly new and hardly used. But son rejected it cos it was a cheap brand and he NEEDED a Panasonic or Sony and wouldn't accept anything less. So TV went to a more needy home. Maybe disposable income is slumped because income was disposed of in a non-prudent way ??

The study uses the largest database of international incomes in the world. I don't think a cursory look around you when you pop outside is really the same.

and yet I see more and more young people with iphones, 3 year old cars, designer specs, branded clothing .... all of which we never had.

An example. My bro's friend's son decided to move in with his girl. Dad managed to acquire a TV for son. It was nearly new and hardly used. But son rejected it cos it was a cheap brand and he NEEDED a Panasonic or Sony and wouldn't accept anything less. So TV went to a more needy home. Maybe disposable income is slumped because income was disposed of in a non-prudent way ??

The study uses the largest database of international incomes in the world. I don't think a cursory look around you when you pop outside is really the same.

>>>>>>>>>>>

:hihi:

'a Guardian investigation.. ', says it all really. I simply don't believe it.

To know what's really going on, people have to look at what evidence there is and reach a conclusion based on what seems the best and most reliable evidence. If you refuse to believe something just because it's in the Guardian or the Daily Mail or whatever without even thinking about it then you'll not learn much.