Amber Rudd - no surprise.

The Conservative ideology, such as it is, almost makes it a duty to pay the least amount of tax possible.

So why do they bother making excuses about it?

The Conservative ideology, such as it is, almost makes it a duty to pay the least amount of tax possible.

isn't that everyone's ideology??? do you offer more tax than is required??

News story in case anyone was wondering what it was about:

Leak reveals Amber Rudd's links to offshore investment funds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37432666

Home Secretary Amber Rudd used to be a director of two offshore companies, leaked documents reveal.

Papers seen by the BBC's Panorama show she was a director of Bahamian firms Advanced Asset Allocation Fund and Advanced Asset Allocation Management between 1998 and 2000.

Ms Rudd, who became an MP in 2010, has not responded to questions about the firms and the role she played in them.

But there is no suggestion she herself used the companies to avoid tax.

Fine. What's the problem. Do those criticising, wake up one morning and say "you know what? I'm going to the tax office to pay some extra tax"? Perhaps they do, but more fool them.

I think you'll find that most people will want to pay the least amount of tax possible, or do you pay more tax than you have to?

Also, at this time there is no suggestion that Rudd has done anything wrong, there is no evidence that she even used offshore accounts herself (not that it'd really be a problem if she did, they are perfectly legal).

Secondly, this happened over 16 years ago. You can stand for an MP even if you have been to prison, so I really don't see how being the director of an offshore company 18-16 years ago is news.

Thirdly, she defended David Cameron when it was revealed his father had had money in an offshore account. If she had been saying how awful it was etc etc then I could see how it would be hypocritical and perhaps news worthy, but she didn't.

Labour's Margaret Hodge received £1.5million in shares from a family company based in a tax haven. She then became head of Britain’s parliamentary public accounts committee and has been berating companies for not paying enough tax. Is that because she has Conservative ideology as well?

Fine. What's the problem. Do those criticising, wake up one morning and say "you know what? I'm going to the tax office to pay some extra tax"? Perhaps they do, but more fool them.

As the tax row rages on(2012), the lines between good and bad celebrity earners are being drawn and two billionaires have emerged as tax angels – paying their full share in recent years.

James Dyson and the Harry Potter author JK Rowling are two billionaires living in Britain whose tax bills are a proportionate reflection of their vast incomes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/the-billionaires-who-do-pay-their-bills-including-james-dyson-and-jk-rowling-7873607.html

Was Rudd pretending to be one of the good tax payers?

As the tax row rages on(2012), the lines between good and bad celebrity earners are being drawn and two billionaires have emerged as tax angels – paying their full share in recent years.

James Dyson and the Harry Potter author JK Rowling are two billionaires living in Britain whose tax bills are a proportionate reflection of their vast incomes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/the-billionaires-who-do-pay-their-bills-including-james-dyson-and-jk-rowling-7873607.html

If she was evading tax and was found out, then HMRC would be after her and possibly prosecuting.

She's done nothing wrong. Move along and stop making mischief.

Makes sense to pay as least tax as possible and then choose a worthy charity to donate to, if you have had a good year.

Makes sense to pay as least tax as possible and then choose a worthy charity to donate to, if you have had a good year.

Yes I pay as little as possible, but some of us have to use PAYE, some get around that by setting up a company and so avoid PAYE.

Has it accused her of not paying tax in any of the stories?

I don't believe it has in the ones i've read - it syas she was a director of two companies.

Has it accused her of not paying tax in any of the stories?

I don't believe it has in the ones i've read - it syas she was a director of two companies.

That is the point, it is legal. To live and work in this country, but only to declare a certain amount of your income.

Yeah everyone is just jealous of her. Shut down the debate. Move along. Nothing to see here. Tax avoiders are the salt of the earth etc... etc...