Going through Red Light Camera at Amber

Hi having a discussion with friends talking about red light cameras in Sheffield I say they flash

Others say they don't

Has anyone a definitive answer

Thanks

Yes they flash. Got flashed a couple of years ago by the one on Halifax road and it was bright sunlight at 2 pm in day. Saw it go off and sure enough six days later fine arrived.

Seen the one at the juction at Glossop Road flash a few times over the years.

Get Cyclops app, warns you of all the cameras for 2.99 a year.

Yes, they flash. The only type of camera which does not flash is the Average Speed camera.

I didn't think that the latest forward facing cameras flashed.

Don't jump red lights and save yourself more.

I believe this is only available for iphone?

Hi

I am concerned about going through the red light camera at Glossop Rd (which I was advised on this forum does flash) whilst it was turning to amber.

I have been told that you have a couple of seconds before the camera switches on

is this correct

Thanks

Sorry but I am a born worrier

Hi

I am concerned about going through the red light camera at Glossop Rd (which I was advised on this forum does flash) whilst it was turning to amber.

I have been told that you have a couple of seconds before the camera switches on

is this correct

Thanks

If it didn't flash then you should have nothing to worry about

I spent an interesting half hour or so a few years ago whilst waiting for someone near the Glossop Rd lights. I got interested because I kept seeing a lot of flashes, so wanted to see what caused them. Prior to that I didn't know there were lights there. All the flashes were well into the red phase of the lights. I reckon that there was a delay even when in the red phase before flashing. I'm confident that it never flashed on amber. There were plenty of people passing through on red without it flashing. When it did flash, it was very clear that the driver was passing through very, very late. That was years ago. Settings may have changed since.

Edited by Eater Sundae

Hi

is this correct

Thanks

It turns on when the light changes to red. That's why it's a red light camera and not an amber camera.