Should men be employed as carers of young children?

Andrea Leadsom, Conservative MP and Minister thinks that it is not wise to employ men as carers for youngsters in case they are paedophiles.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/15/andrea-leadsom-male-carers-might-be-paedophiles-6007891/

Do you agree with her? Or do you think what she said is a slur. I think the latter.

Andrea Leadsom, Conservative MP and Minister thinks that it is not wise to employ men as carers for youngsters in case they are paedophiles.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/15/andrea-leadsom-male-carers-might-be-paedophiles-6007891/

Do you agree with her? Or do you think what she said is a slur. I think the latter.

Andrea Leadsom is a nutbag.

Andrea Leadsom is a nutbag.

I agree.

People go on about the 'loony left'; but Leadsom and some of her colleagues in the Tory Party are the personification of the 'loony right'. All twin set and pearls, with swivel eyed opinions that wouldn't look out of place in 19th century England.

Is she serious?!? Heavens above, look at some of the worst crimes committed against children lately and there is almost always a women involved too. Myra Hindley, Maxine Carr, the women whose name I have forgotten who abused kids with Ian Watkins. Perhaps no-one should be allowed to work with children at all.

Is being a paedophile the only thing children are at risk from these days? Utterly hateful comment by an utterly hateful women. RAGE.

This has to be one of the most pig-ignorantly sexist comments I have ever heard.

This is almost as good as blaming women who dress provocatively for being raped.

Its a sign of the times I'm afraid.

It is now common practice for a male employer to have a witness when having a disciplinary meeting with a female in case of allegations.

Would I want to be a male child carer in these times? no.

Men are not designed to look after people

Men have their own strengths such as being strong

Meh, sod what she thinks. What's interesting is she said this in the same interview as the one where she said May didn't have a stake in the future as she is childless. So why wasn't it reported then?

Can we assume The Times would have used it at a later date? Is that why she withdrew from the race then? She knew they had that too and didn't want a second **** storm?

Good.

Men are not designed to look after people

Men have their own strengths such as being strong

And do you not think that kids would benefit from having a 'strong' person as a role model?

This has all been well discussed. It was one of the nutjob's many statements along with the old I will make a better Prime Minister because I have children lines.

She made herself look like a giant 'Verpa' when this was first reported and blew away her chances of being leader.

Why bring this up over 2 months later.

The woman has no relevance.

Its a sign of the times I'm afraid.

It is now common practice for a male employer to have a witness when having a disciplinary meeting with a female in case of allegations.

Would I want to be a male child carer in these times? no.

I know, it's awful it really is. I genuinely feel sorry for men who want to work in these professions now, people will be wondering 'why does he want to be a primary school teacher, is he a paedo?' As has been said by me before on here, I would like a world where it's as normal for a man to be the main child carer as it is for a women to be an infantry soldier as comments like this just make me sad.

I think Mrs Leadsom made a valid point. I still think females are better suited to some jobs than males.

I don't agree with male carers being used to look after elderly female patients either.