Police action on motorists endangering cyclists

Another cycling/motorist thread, but it's worth reminding drivers about how to overtake.

http://news.sky.com/story/motorists-face-prosecution-for-driving-too-close-to-cyclists-10579708

Shame it's not South Yorkshire, I have plenty of video of people overtaking within 30cm, never mind 150cm...

I wonder how the Daily Mail are going to report this. :suspect:

I always give cyclists plenty of room but what get me is the ones who are on the road but decide to disobey road signals and jump red lights.

Traffic rules apply to all road users and cyclists are not exempt...

I always give cyclists plenty of room but what get me is the ones who are on the road but decide to disobey road signals and jump red lights.

I bet you see far more car drivers disobeying road signals and going through red lights every day. I know I do.

A couple of times a week I cycle to Stocksbridge and back. Each way I get about a dozen or so drivers who give me such a wide berth that they're on the opposite side of the road. This happens anywhere between Oughtibridge and Deepcar. Sometimes this involves them crossing a solid white line just before a blind bend. I only need a few feet. I know that one day there'll be a head-on and I'll get the blame.

Dear God.After looking at those near misses it even made me jump just watching the recording .It really does not matter if a cyclist abuses a red light . I much prefer them to get ahead providing its safe enough .Just what is the problem!!

Living where I do horse riders,joggers and cyclists are a way of life and all get a wide berth and when passing horses its a wide berth and less than 20 mph.

I personally feel that every motorist has a duty of care and not have this bloody constant battle

When cyclists pay to be on the road, pay for insurance and obey road signs, then I might have more sympathy for them.

Angel1.

When cyclists pay to be on the road, pay for insurance and obey road signs, then I might have more sympathy for them.

How many times a day do you see cyclists riding dangerously and breaking the law?

And how many times a day do you see motorists driving dangerously and breaking the law?

How many times a day do you see cyclists riding dangerously and breaking the law?

And how many times a day do you see motorists driving dangerously and breaking the law?

cyclists ?? almost daily but at least motorists have insurance when it all goes wrong:roll: i give the minimum room actually no i ignore them, they are a hazard to traffic and pedestrians:rant:

Guest sibon

Quite a few times each day, actually. The number of cyclists riding on pavements and footpaths is reaching epidemic proportions round here. That is simultaneously dangerous to pedestrians and illegal.

Loads too. The standard of driving seems to be deteriorating very quickly. As does the standard of law enforcement.

We really could do with a push on poor driving, red light jumping, dangerous overtaking etc. As well as on poor cycling, riding on pavements, ignoring road signs etc.

cyclists ?? almost daily but at least motorists have insurance when it all goes wrong:roll: i give the minimum room actually no i ignore them, they are a hazard to traffic and pedestrians:rant:

Then not only are you a boring troll but you are a law breaker as well.