How much weight have you put on since you were a teenager?

Was approx 65kg at 16-18 years old. Maintained that figure till around 40.

Now 51 I am around 70-71kg.

Play sport nearly everyday,always been super careful about what I eat yet I've put on 6-7kg in 35 years.

I know its not much but still.

Last few years have started to develop a bit of fat around my waist which I find near impossible to lose.

I weigh myself minimum twice per day to check as I'm a bit obsessed of not turning in to a lump of lard.

72 kg is my peak. At that weight i feel like im carrying a bit of excess weight.

about 25 kg on what was 115kg in 20 years. It used to be 115 muscle/lean/strong. Afraid it isn't anymore!

Was 45kgs when I got married.

33 years and 3 children later I weigh 58kgs.

I was as thin as a rake and now I'm not. Weight goes up and down a bit dependent on work load. I try to exercise more, I've cut out beer, sugar in me tea (a massive sacrifice) sweet stuff in general buts its not coming off very quickly at all. Which is odd because it flew on!

I see most people have got into the metric system with weight!

I still work in stones :hihi:

(however to answer the question, my weight has not changed, I'm still and always have been hugely underweight - by people's standards)

I was as thin as a rake and now I'm not. Weight goes up and down a bit dependent on work load. I try to exercise more, I've cut out beer, sugar in me tea (a massive sacrifice) sweet stuff in general buts its not coming off very quickly at all. Which is odd because it flew on!

Same as me. Up until the age of about 30 I was skinny, unhealthily so. People would say used to say how lucky I was that I could eat anything and not put weight on. Having a sweet tooth I gorged myself on sweets & cakes, not even thinking about my cholesterol levels!

After the age of 35 I made a conscious effort to lose the spare tyre that I had developed. I think when you're older the metabolism slows down :(

I'd put on roughly 18 kg by the time I was 30. But I lost most of it over about a year through diet and exercise. I weigh maybe 5kg more now but quite a lot of that is muscle bulk.

My body's relative mass is in stones and pounds (and ounces) rather than kilograms … I guess I must have different blood, flesh and general metabolism?

However, as I weigh just a smidge over 11st7lb, I can easily compare to that of a person who's relative mass is of the other kind by simple algebraic computation, based on one pound of flesh being equal to (or better than, in all honesty) 6.35029318kg (or thereabouts) of a lesser being.

So … that's 11x14 +7 = 161, x 6.35029318 … dum de dum, scribble, scribble, carry the nought, tra la la …

… oh yeah, my relative mass is that of a person who weighs 1022.39720198kg.

So, at just over one metric tonne, I weigh just slightly north of one and a half times as much as my car (600kg) which, being of very lightweight construction implies that I'm not overweight also. Giving up eating anything with sugar in it seems to be working! :thumbsup:

I was slim into my thirties, but by forty I'd started to put on weight. Medication for a health issue (hormonal) didn't help, nor did a mainly sedentary job.

Couple a sweet tooth with no interest in sport/gym/keep fit, as well as giving up smoking in my late forties, and by my sixties I was pretty overweight. For the last year or so I've been attending fitness classes, I walk miles every week, and have a reasonably healthy diet, although I've still got a sweet tooth. Total weight loss- about five lbs! My overall health is good, and I consider myself lucky to be fit and active at seventy, the only problem is a couple of stones I need to lose.

I'm the oposite! was quite a chubby teenager, 'blossomed' rather young and had what you would call a mature figure when i was 12yrs old.. I weighed around 9 1/2 to 10 stone in my teens then from my early 20's onwards i've weighed pretty much the same consistantly at around 9 stone.. I'm in my late 30's now so i imagine that will change at some point x

Edited by Chelle-82

I'm the oposite! was quite a chubby teenager, 'blossomed' rather young and had what you would call a mature figure when i was 12yrs old.. I weighed around 9 1/2 to 10 stone in my teens then from my early 20's onwards i've weight pretty much the same consistantly at around 9 stone.. I'm in my late 30's now so i imagine that will change at some point x

Not necessarily. I've followed an almost identical pattern to you, I'm 60 now and still weigh just under 9 stone.

My mother used to cook some lovely big meals and did a lot of baking, cakes and bread, so I was an overweight teen-ager. Luckily I managed to get my weight under control when I left home.