Who will replace Labour as the main "progressive" voice in parliament?

See thread title  

34 members have voted

1. 1. See thread title

• The Liberal Democrats
    • A Labour break-away party
    • The SNP (a change of remit required there)
    • UKIP (substantial change in policy platform required one would think)
    • Another of the existing small parties
    • A brand new party
    • An Alliance of two or more of the above
    • I remain hopeful that Labour will survive its current problems

It'll be too late to save your party by then. It probably is already, hence the thread title. You'll have a wait for somebody like the Lib Dems to grow to fill the void before you feel like you're meaningfully represented in parliament again. That'll take time.

I did my best. I've explained it at great length to you, Anna and even the dancing banana guy who keeps running to the moderators and getting my account suspended.

If you're determined to destroy yourselves, you're all grown-ups and I can't stop you.

I've done all I can. My conscience is clear.

I think that ukip and the libdems will be more than happy to fill the void and come the next election they will.If the tories were to serve up a watered down brexit they too will suffer losses.

But if, as seems almost certain, the Tories win a landslide at the election there will probably be a huge majority of MPs in favour of fox hunting and they will ignore the huge majority of the public who are against animal cruelty.

Unlikely. Even at the moment at least 50 Conservative MPs said they would oppose any attempts to repeal the hunting ban (up from only 6 who supported the hunting ban when it came in). This is only likely to grow - the vast majority of Conservative voters oppose fox hunting (over 70%) - so they would be going against the people voting for them.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/oct/28/countryside-alliance-conservatives-foxhunting

But if, as seems almost certain, the Tories win a landslide at the election there will probably be a huge majority of MPs in favour of fox hunting and they will ignore the huge majority of the public who are against animal cruelty.

I don't think it is certain at all

I don't think it is certain at all

Really? Did you see the 2016 local election results, or the opinion polls over the last year?

Well he won. We all knew he would. 61%. Bye, bye Labour. I shall honestly miss you.

the hall where the they held the meeting said it all, half empty:hihi: as you said bye bye Labour you have not even a glimmer of a chance of being elected at the next election:D

Really? Did you see the 2016 local election results, or the opinion polls over the last year?

I might be wrong but I think he's only referring to the fox hunting bit....

I might be wrong but I think he's only referring to the fox hunting bit....

I wanted to give him a chance to respond first but...

I think he believes that the Brexit fall-out will bring down the government.

I could be wrong of course.

I wanted to give him a chance to respond first but...

I think he believes that the Brexit fall-out will bring down the government.

I could be wrong of course.

Actually, I think you are right.