Recommend a good garage/mechanic in Sheffield - no advertising/jobs

Just an update, car fixed, the brake crunching sound and dragging feeling was due to the ABS ring having a snap in it, and fan belt needed tightening both sorted and car running great and a full check and brake pads perfect apparently...thanks for all your advice

Edited by lubylou12

Clutch on the car has gone & don't think it can be driven to a garage (limped it to kwickfit & apparently they don't do clutches!). Can anyone recommend a mobile mechanic or a garage could collect?

I can't help, but someone may be more interested if you state your location, AND mention the car model and year.

There's a place recommended on here, Clutch Clinic or similar at Neepsend. DON'T use it, made a complete mess of ours, ended up worse than when it went it in. He also has history on here for an earlier court trial which i wasn't aware of at the time.

Call Rob at Hillsborough Mobile Mechanics ........ top bloke , fair prices ...... Just google it or search his fb page for number.

Don't go to car clinic, they are very expensive. I needed a clutch and dual mass flywheel replacing 3 years ago, Car clinic wanted to charge me £998, I went to DL Auto's at the bottom of Rutland Road, £385. They were cheapest out of 3 quotes.

Avoid Mr clutch hilsbrough at all costs

Why avoid them .pm me

Avoid Mr clutch hilsbrough at all costs

I asked them for a quote for clutch they said st least £800 and that I'd definitely need fly wheel as well . I took it to mizzy bits and got it done for £500 ,no flywheel needed

Savoy tyres on upwell street near arena. Ask for Simon. Top mechanic.

Why avoid them .pm me

My gearbox fell off on the M74 after they did my clutch for me.... they forgot to fit two bolts and forgot to tighten the rest...