The next Tory recession?

A former adviser to Gordon Brown has urged people to stock up on canned goods and bottled water as stock markets around the world slide.

Damian McBride appeared to suggest that the stock market dip could lead to civil disorder or other situations where it would be unreasonable for someone to leave the house. I am going to the shops now, hope I beat the rush.

A former adviser to Gordon Brown has urged people to stock up on canned goods and bottled water as stock markets around the world slide.

Damian McBride appeared to suggest that the stock market dip could lead to civil disorder or other situations where it would be unreasonable for someone to leave the house. I am going to the shops now, hope I beat the rush.

what did the discredited mcbride have to say about this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34036089

The UK is to enjoy "decent quarterly GDP growth" the CBI has predicted as it upgrades its forecasts for this year and next.

The business lobby group now expects growth of 2.6% this year and 2.8% next year, up from its June forecast of 2.4% and 2.5% respectively.

Is it the same bloke who tried to insinuate members of the opposition were suffering from mental illness/the clap?

Excuse me if I don't stock up on pot noodles.

just in case anyone is unaware what sort of bum hole damien mcbride is..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-mcpoison-papers-confessions-of-rogue-labour-spin-doctor-damian-mcbride-laid-bare-in-memoir-8827726.html

The McPoison papers: Confessions of rogue Labour spin doctor Damian McBride laid bare in memoir

As Gordon Brown’s communications chief, he smeared and span with a savagery that eventually saw him drummed out of politics. Now he has written a tell-all memoir. James Cusick gets a preview

Edited by drummonds

Where on earth did he say that? I fail to comprehend that anyone could be that foolishly misguided - even McBride who seems to think everyone else is a pox ridden dribbling imbecile if I remember rightly.

It's a market correction. People have been waiting ages to take a little profit in investment and the time has come triggered by China slowing down. It's of no concern to worry about whatsoever - and if you have spare cash now is the time to stick as much as you can into the stock market for when it rises.

The UK is to enjoy "decent quarterly GDP growth" the CBI has predicted as it upgrades its forecasts for this year and next.

I was a little surprised about how positive they are being, with all that is happening in China, but then again the CBI is not exactly unbiased.

Never stopped you using them when you wanted to paint people in a bad light Mr Cid.

and if you have spare cash now is the time to stick as much as you can into the stock market for when it rises.

absolutely. Alibaba holdings for example was high of 119.15 in November 2014.

Get a share for a low of 66.05 today.

FTSE dropped 5% today, the Dow open and shocked the stuffing out of everyone with a thousand point drop. Everywhere is down.

Give it a week and there will be bargains galore to be had, just like 2008.

Damian McBride appeared to suggest that the stock market dip could lead to civil disorder......

Shareholders will be trashing their own communities. Wine bars in Surrey will burn. Antiques centres in Buckinghamshire will be looted. The poor and unemployed in the inner cities will tut and condemn these anarchists.

Never stopped you using them when you wanted to paint people in a bad light Mr Cid.

I like to have discussions, but I have no expertise, helps me learn things. I thought things would be a little shaky when I started hearing about Chinas troubles, but there were pundits on both sides last week.

I think the CBI like to encourage a positive view, just like the party in power does.

Blame the Chinese , not the Tories