The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I registered as a supporter about three weeks ago and I've received an email stating my application has been rejected as I supposedly don't support Labour's 'aims and values' and my votes won't count.

Has anyone else been rejected?

did they keep your cash?

did they keep your cash?

I'm going to ring them up and ask if it'll be refunded.

The email said that my application had been rejected so I would guess they would refund it.

i know that. so how does harriet sort them out then. :huh:

You've missed the point here. They're only weeding out recent recruits. Anyone who is a Labour councillor will have been a member for a while.

MPs should select their leader, they know him/her the best.

Well they haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in the past using this method have they?

Corbyn seems to be the people's choice. Let's see if he can do any better.

Well they haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in the past using this method have they?

Corbyn seems to be the people's choice. Let's see if he can do any better.

i thought he was the "choice" amongst those enabled to vote for labour leader. hardly the same as those entitled to vote for the next pm.

You've missed the point here. They're only weeding out recent recruits.

Well that's all right then. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's alright then. I'm just saying Drummond got his facts wrong.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 08:41 ----------

On mass murder;

Ultimately it is their country, their laws, their culture.

And after all, they're only a bunch of foreigners. Let them shoot each other.

That's alright then :roll:.

I'm not saying it's alright then. I'm just saying Drummond got his facts wrong.

oh no i didn't

anyhow this made me chuckle. it's not very often that the bookies get the odds wrong.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/category/general-election/

Hills starting taking bets on when we’ll see the likes of this again – LAB winning a majority

Will Corbyn make the red-team unelectable?

AS JEREMY CORBYN’s LAB leader odds are cut to their shortest yet at 2/9 (stake £9 for potential £2 profit) by William Hill, the bookies have also opened a market on when Labour will next achieve an overall majority government – and make between 2026-30 their 5/2 favourite – offering just 3/1 that it will not happen before 2031.

Hill’s spokesman Graham Sharpe said ‘With so many Labour figures predicting that a Corbyn victory could make the Party unelectable, we decided to start betting on just when the next Labour government will take office, and we don’t see it happening any time soon -probably not for at least fifteen years, in fact’.

Certainly it is hard to see this happening very soon and with the likely permanent loss of most of what were its Scottish strongholds it is hard to see the party recovering to win an overall majority.

As to the bet I can’t see the point of locking up cash for so long.

did they keep your cash?

I've just phoned them to ask if I'd be getting my £3 back and the guy said that it's an 'administration fee and is un-refundable'.

The Labour Party purges me and then keeps my cash, what a cheek!

Perhaps they don't want my vote in future too?

I've just phoned them to ask if I'd be getting my £3 back and the guy said that it's an 'administration fee and is un-refundable'.

The Labour Party purges me and then keeps my cash, what a cheek!

Perhaps they don't want my vote in future too?

it sounds like fraud to me.