What's your view of petition sites?

I'm good too thanks :)

I'm definitely not an empty headed troll as you know :D

I found the idea of 'Save Whatsapp', quite amusing though hence my dismissiveness towards this petition site. In the course of life so far, I consider there to be more important things in life than selfies/nonsense sites/apps :hihi:

I hope to catch up for a beer with you soon :)

Marvellous idea. We should summon the usual suspects!

I've no experience of Whatsapp. Heard of it but never seen it. It sounds dreadful!

Marvellous idea. We should summon the usual suspects!

I've no experience of Whatsapp. Heard of it but never seen it. It sounds dreadful!

Likewise on both points :)

I may well be "wacky"...but I fight for what I believe is wrong!

It's a novel approach :hihi:

It's a novel approach :hihi:

Err...I fight against what I believe is wrong! :blush:

(I'm claiming a senior moment :D)

Well or good? They don't mean the same!

There, their, they're...never mind!

A good petition?

The Las Iguanas restaurant in the Meadowhall shopping centre, Sheffield, has been caught out ripping off staff and customers. The company force staff to hand over money at the end of every shift, whether they can cover it in tips or not. [1] The tips people leave to thank their waiters and waitresses are making a cushy profit for the company.

Sam, a 38 Degrees member, is outraged. So he's started a petition to demand Las Iguanas treat their staff fairly.

This is the way it works: Las Iguanas require staff to pay back 3% of their total sales for the night - in cash - to the management at the end of each shift. The money is meant to be paid by waiters from their pot of tips but, because it bears no relation to how much a waiter actually takes in tips, it can wipe out his or her entire income from gratuities in a busy night.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-las-iguanas-forcing-their-staff-to-pay-to-work?bucket=blast2

I read somewhere that because of the involvement of the petition site 38 degrees this chain has now stopped this practice

https://home.38degrees.org.uk/2015/09/28/las-iguanas-campaign-victory/

Maybe not all 38Degrees work (???), but good on 'em for supporting the staff against this unfair practice and grabbing media attention.

“What a great result for the hard-working staff at Las Iguanas and all 38 Degrees members. This shows without a doubt that when the public get together and have a single-minded focus, things can and will change. Other restaurants with unfair tipping policies should be looking at this and following suit.”