Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

The £1 at Bowshaw was true for last year, and its been left on the front page as not heard any different.

I don't think it compares in size to Marsh Lane though

Its only what I was told and then it says on the front page buyers and sellers £1 so I assumed it was right!

If not Bowshaw were thinking Marsh Lane, as Twin Oaks is abit of a trek for us!

Thanks for the info

It might be a £1, if it is i would give it a go seen as how cheap it is.

Marsh lane is good to sell but get there early because they only have that one field for sellers & when its full they turn people away.

So dont have a lay in on sunday if you choose Marsh lane.

Good luck for sunday Hope its a good turn out (for you and me:))

dont sell at twin oaks. its far too big and people dont want to pay anything cos the guy next to you will sell it cheaper. the best we've ever done is oldcoates in the rain (with a gazebo up)- took nearly £200 and did very well and last month at doncaster. took well over £150. you'll be offended at what people offer. we had some boxed, as new Next womens boots with the £65 sticker still on the box. we asked £5, we were offered £1!! my reply was less than pleasant. we sold a £300 pram that we had good use out of but it was still in very good condition for £35. people just wont pay anything

CAR BOOT SALE

Kelford School

Oakdale Road

Kimberworth

Rotherham

S61 2NU

Tel 01709 512088

Pitches £5 each must be booked before date due to only having 60 available spaces and being very popular in the past.

Free entry for buyers.

8am start for sellers.

Saturday 28th April 2012.

Edited by dawn allan

Please don't start new threads relating to car boot sales.

Merged threads.

you'll be offended at what people offer. we had some boxed, as new Next womens boots with the £65 sticker still on the box. we asked £5, we were offered £1!! my reply was less than pleasant. we sold a £300 pram that we had good use out of but it was still in very good condition for £35. people just wont pay anything

This is so true :hihi: I know I have had unwanted gifts that are still in packing, brand new, nothing wrong with the item, and people will offer next to nothing for them. I know people look for a bargain at car boots, but when you're asking a reasonable price, and people still want 'owt for nowt' I always give them a firm but polite no. I am willing to compromise, but even then people aren't always interested. :huh:

Lynsey i have never sold at Bowshaw before but are you sure that they are only charging £1 to sell because the Council takes £5 per stall, so i carnt see that been right... Unless it is a one off or for charity and then the council dont charge.

I would recomend going to a well known / established carboot E.G Oldcoates, Doncaster or the saturday one (Twin oakes)

Because these well know ones have LOADS of buyers.

Hope this helps you

It is correct that Bowshaw are charging only £1 per car - don't know how they make it work. There is a new car boot starting this Sunday at Callywhite Lane, Dronfield - it might be worth a visit.

Can I pick up on what you said about the Council charging £5 per stall, unless its for charity. Which Council are you referring to? I have never heard this before, Sheffield Council certainly do not charge per stall - you have to get a licence, even if it is for charity!

hi, are school car boots advertised on here??

What an amazing load of information! Thanks so much for this. I am new to Sheffield forum and loving this thread!

hi, are school car boots advertised on here??

They are, check out post #1 for detals of regular and one offs.

Can someone confirm if bowshaw is actually on thissunday? Iv heard 8th april is next but just want to make sure before going to marsh lane.

thanks

We are holding a Nearly New Children's Clothes and Baby Equipment Sale on Saturday May 5th, from 1-3pm, at St Thomas Church, Crookes.Entry is 50p for adults, free for children. The sale will be held in the church centre, opposite the Crookes Post Office.

We will be selling children's clothes, shoes, coats, school uniform, nightwear, dresses etc for ages 0-15 years. Also all types of baby equipment - pushchairs, high chairs, stair gates, bedding, baby bouncers, washable nappies etc. There will also be maternity wear for sale.

If you would be interested in selling please email: clothes.sale1@virginmedia.com for a sellers number and further information. Sellers keep 70% of money they make, 15% to Toddler group, 15% to charity

The sale is also on Facebook as an event.