Which is the best Value Gym in Sheffield?

Which is the best value gym is Sheffield? I hear Greens is good.

What is the atmosphere like, which is the most friendliest ?

Also do any of these have swimming lesson facilitys, as I have a friend who is 34, and wants to use the pool, but still wears armbands. Do any of these gyms offer swimming lessons ?

So what are peoples experiences in these gyms? where are the best classes etc

Also do any of these have swimming lesson facilitys, as I have a friend who is 34, and wants to use the pool, but still wears armbands. Do any of these gyms offer swimming lessons ?

Highly recommend Greens! Been a member since it opened and it is a nice, relaxed atmosphere (no meatheads), ample facilities and clean. Also some nice honeys down there (but they don't readily advertise that on the literature). :love:

I'm an off-peak member which is basically anytime except after 5pm in the week and is £34 p/m. Personally I wouldn't want to train after a days work anyway so lunchtime is perfect!

I go to Greens, yeah it's alright. I pay 40 something quid for peak membership, I know there's cheaper out there but it is well equiped place the pool is good. Loads of classes and stuff, if you're into that sort of thing.

They can arrange swimming lessons for "grown ups", I've seen it advertised.

Apparently they're closing their membership soon, but they've been saying that for months now so I don't think there's too much hurry to get in!

Made the mistake once of joining fitness first! Never again.

I now go to the Sheffield Hallam Gym in town, they have really good facilities and the staff are really helpfull. As a part-time student, it is 120 per year.

Do a search for SHU Sport hallam

Stuart.

if you want friendly, personal and value for money, use the fitness club (surry street) next to the winter garden. There's no pool, but the staff there know everyone's name, and everyone is friendly, you don't need to worry about wearing 'designer' gear etc - great gym!:thumbsup:

In Trim on Ridgeway Road is pretty good. £300 a year (£25 pm equivilent).

Where is Greens?

Where is Greens?

its inbetween london road and eccy road near the dvla place just up from waitrose:)

There are so many threads on gyms. Are you a sales consultant by any chance, for Greens?

None of them are good value as they charge a joining fee, a fee designed to rob money off you. Most of that fee goes to the sales consultants anyway.

No joining fee at Fitness Unlimited - just good value membership for use of all gyms, pools and fitness classes at Ponds Forge, Hillsborough, Concord and Don Valley... (no pool at Don Valley however!)

www fit-un.com

s10 health is brilliant....probably got the best free weights section in sheffield and is affordable too at only 30 quid a month...that includes unlimited use of pool, cardio and saunas.